Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-20-2012, 07:23 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Okey Extra - Turkish Board Game [Universal]

Hi ! We are Ahoy Games and we are presenting our new game - Okey Extra.

The Turkish game classic "Okey" in its best form on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.

Realistic feeling, simple interface and exciting gameplay!
Okey is a traditional tile-based game with long history and many variations. It's highly popular in Turkey, played mainly in coffee houses by people in every age. It's very similar to Rummikub as it is played with the same set of boards and tiles but with different rules.

Game is played by four players with a set of 106 tiles and 104 of them are numbered from 1 to 13 with four different colors. During the game each player has 14 tiles on his board. On each turn a player draws one tile and discards one tile. The object of the game is to be first to form a board which consists sets and runs using all 14 tiles. There are special tiles chosen in every game, called jokers which helps the player form his 14 tiles board of sets and runs, by replacing the tile which is missing. Two last tiles from 106-tile-set represented with stars are tricky 'false jokers', which against expectations acts as normal numbered tile.

Features:
  • Advanced Artificial Intelligence
  • HD graphics (perfect for retina displays)
  • Multitouch support
  • Unlimited hours of joy
  • High playability
  • High quality animations
  • Universal App

Old 04-20-2012, 11:01 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Based on the vid alone, it looks like there isn't a tutorial but only a guide. However, I'm a sucker for board games and the production value displayed on the vid along with the modest price point are too much a pull to avoid. I'm buying now.

Edit:
Nice UI packed with simple yet clean graphics and animation. This is essentially a pick-and-discard tiles type of game where players build the strongest combination of tiles most favorable to them in the final scoring.

The instructions leave much to be desired with several spelling and sentence structure errors making this a more challenging read than was intended given the additional deciphering and piecing together required from the reader. The text definitely needs better proofreading. However, the bigger problem I have with the game is that it isn't very clear as to how to win. I am not sure which combination of tiles trumps the others. A scoring breakdown of the power combinations of sets and their relative ranking in the overall point total would be extremely helpful, especially for someone like me, who isn't familiar with the nuances of the game and coming into it cold.

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 04-22-2012 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: Post game comments
Old 04-21-2012, 05:30 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Based on the vid alone, it looks like there isn't a tutorial but only a guide. However, I'm a sucker for board games and the production value displayed on the vid along with the modest price point are too much a pull to avoid. I'm buying now.
Thanks a lot for your support ! Next week a new update will pass trough Apple's review process and that will include 2-3 new features. As for the tutorial: yes, we don't have an in-game tutorial right now, we decided not to do this as the game would take quite a long time to teach with a tutorial. However, we are working on a tutorial video, there will be a link to this video within the game and hopefully we will manage to make this video fun and short yet informative !
Old 04-21-2012, 07:23 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Thanks a lot for your support ! Next week a new update will pass trough Apple's review process and that will include 2-3 new features. As for the tutorial: yes, we don't have an in-game tutorial right now, we decided not to do this as the game would take quite a long time to teach with a tutorial. However, we are working on a tutorial video, there will be a link to this video within the game and hopefully we will manage to make this video fun and short yet informative !