Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-22-2012, 09:49 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Wordii (full and free versions)

As a big fan of Tiny Bite's Gem Spinner, I just happened to be looking at their other releases and uncovered a word game they made back in 2009 called Wordii.

Not only is the game brilliant and challenging, it still runs flawlessly on my iPod Touch 4G, iOS 5.1 machine!

The premise of the game can be described as a single player Scrabble Obstacle Course or, if wanting to get trippier, a quest to somehow fill out a crossword puzzle without questions by correctly fitting answers made from your tray of Scrabble letters. Your mission is to link words together (ala Scrabble) to to cover the given layout's 4 flags. While it initially seems like a pretty impossible task the game lets you freely shuffle already placed tiles around (with the only catch being once a tile is successfully placed on the board, that occupied space can't be left blank, if you want to move the occupying tile somewhere else it must be replaced with another tile that still fits in the space legally).

The dev said he'd pretty much abandoned it due to lack of public interest BUT I figure if we show him some love maybe we can con him into bringing it into the modern era with universal support, Game Center, and other modern touches that have come about in the world of iOS since 2009.

Linked below is the free version which includes the first 2 of the full game's 30 layouts to get a feel what it's all about.

4.5/5 (with the potential to be a 5+ game if the dev were to bring it into the modern era!).

Old 04-22-2012, 01:27 PM

Default Thanks, and yes, comments please!

My Lord,

Thanks very much for your efforts in support of Wordii. Yes, it's looking old school (and not in such a good way) at this point. But, yes, if people here think the game has legs, or that it could have legs with some improvements, I'd be very happy to hear and would consider revving it.

Michael
Tiny Bite Games