Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-22-2012, 11:17 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

The App Store is a weird, weird place. I mean, it's beyond me how some things get noticed, while others... no matter how hard they (the games themselves of course >_>) try, just don't. I'll be the first to admit that this game really never grabbed my attention no matter how many times I've seen the thread bumped, so yeah...I can't point fingers at people at ask them why they haven't been checking it out. That said, recently I've been checking out some of the more "obscure" titles on the App Store (hidden gems if you will) such as Hit the Banker, Ace Rider, Greedy Bankers, (the recently released) Omegapixel and the like, and this game just seemed to fit in with those ones for some really odd reason.

I saw this thread bumped earlier today, noticed there were a whole lot of promo codes being given out, yet with this latest update, there weren't any promo codes here. I said "**** it" and wanted to buy it, but then noticed sigLuca in the promo code section. Long story short (cool story bro) I ended up getting a promo code and put this on my phone.

Next thing you know, I was telling Void that if he didn't like Blocks Hurt! I would personally gift him a $2 app. I shit you not when I say all it takes to fall in love with this game is to get through the tutorial.

Honestly, the only thing missing here are retina graphics, but other than that... the music, Mortal Kombat-like voice overs (OUTSTANDING~!), the variety in levels & objectives, the unforgiving (yes, by Level 7 you'll start wanting to pull your hair out to get 5 stars ) difficulty, the responsiveness of the controls and...**** it, how cool is it to be able to slow down that chain just by tilting left... yeah, it's a great, great hidden gem (by a persistent, dedicated developer... come on folks, have you seen those videos?) which needs some more love around here.

If anything, this game feels very Pizza vs. Skeletons-ish... kind of like... errrm, it's (even more) crazy brother. Obviously the artwork is not even in the same league, but the music is similar, the characters seem like they could be related and the bosses...well, I haven't gotten there just yet, but the trailer does show off a massive pumpkin that sounds like it swallowed the T-Rex from Jurassic Park. How OUTSTANDING~! is that?

Listen, guys... do me a favor... just buy this, ok? For me. Hidden gem, permanent spot on my iPhone... the whole nine yards. Just do it.

Last edited by metalcasket; 04-22-2012 at 11:54 AM..
Old 04-22-2012, 11:52 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

haha...

Yup, the difficulty is great! By stage 8 I was pretty psyched. Stage 9... got a little worried. Those damn pumpkins and scarecrows just came at me SO quick! I could barely drop blocks on them quick enough. Then Stage 10... crap. I'm in for one hell of a battle with this game. But this is definitely going to be one of those games that I wind up making sure I get a perfect score on EVERY level. No matter how long it takes me. Because it's that fun. Loosing a level just pushes you harder the next time you replay it.

I don't know what else to say. It's a fantastic game. I'm going to have to make all my co-workers get it tonight. =oP
Old 04-22-2012, 12:07 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Listen, guys... do me a favor... just buy this, ok? For me. Hidden gem, permanent spot on my iPhone... the whole nine yards. Just do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
AND YOU, YEAH YOU, READING THIS, GET THIS GAME! To quote a forum member... IT'S MOTHERF***ING INCREDIBLE. =oD
Aahah I have to say that you guys got a hold on me...downloaded 30 minutes ago...still playing!! I'll end up dreaming blocks falling over me dressed up as a scarecrow!
AND!!surprise surprise.. the developer is Italian, as I am! So keep on going sigLuca! make more!!
Old 04-22-2012, 12:18 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I'm also a big fan of this game.. sigLuca did an excellent job.

I hope it gets the attentions it deserves.. a review from TA would be nice
Old 04-22-2012, 01:57 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Thank you!

Thank you all for the nice words!

I'm very happy that someone (at last ) found my game interesting and amusing. I really appreciate Metalcasket and Syntheticvoid reviews, and i swear i'll do my best to release an HD version as soon as possible.

Thank you again!

SIGLUCA - Game Artisan
Old 04-23-2012, 02:02 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

You're more than welcome Luca.

I just 5-starred Level 9... phew, what a workout! Gotta say I'm loving this game more and more every second. Really can't recommend it enough. You hardcore gamers out there will love the difficulty this seemingly simple and easy game brings...its TOUGH!
Old 04-23-2012, 10:36 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Hehe. Yup, very easy to get excited about a great game.

I've been stuck on 5 starring level 10... I've reached level 18 (and am stuck there currently), but have been going back and 5 starring completed levels, and am stuck on 10. I even got a 1 star on either 14 or 15...

Definitely has a great challenge. I'm a little worried about how much total time I'm going to sink into this though. With the challenge where it is already in the first world, can only imagine how hard worlds 2 and 3 are going to be. But I'm going to try my best to do it. Not too often you can find a game that's this difficult but doesn't bring a whole lot of frustration along with it. =oD

**edit**

I'm stuck on 1-20 and got 1 star on level 18, not 14 or 15...

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 04-23-2012 at 10:43 AM..
Old 04-23-2012, 05:15 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I'm very glad Blocks Hurt! challenges you so much!

I must confess, tuning difficulty of various battles was painful. Fortunately, thanks to a really involved group of testers i managed to keep the game engaging, minimizing frustration.

Some battles are still too hard, so according to users feedbacks i fine tune the game through the updates.

If you manage to beat the first scenario, please let me know if you found some battle too difficult... i'll really appreciate your feedback!

Thanks again and... keep on playing! Many players says that the second scenario (Empty Desert) is the best designed and amusing.

sigLuca - Game Artisan
Old 04-23-2012, 05:35 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Woot! Well, so far, the levels have been challenging, but not TOO challenging by any means. Every time I lost its because I screwed up, and then screwed up again and again nd again... =oP

There hasn't been one time when I felt like "damnit, no matter what I do I'm not going to be able to beta this!" - which is when, IMO, it starts getting frustraiting. When you're the one that keeps screwing up, it's hard to blame the game. =oD

But yeah, definitely, if I come across a stage that's just, out of this world hard, I'll say something.

And thank you, sigLuca, for being so active, and for hanging in there. It's a very rare thing to see these days in the AppStore. You have my utmost respect. =o)
Old 04-24-2012, 08:33 PM

That's a very nice game!I'm impressed and love it so much!Thanks for bringing us such a funny game!