★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Sword and poker ripoff?

01-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Sword and poker ripoff?

Hey has anyone else seen the game a king of poker? It is a new app and I noticed the pictures and description where very familiar, so I looked up sword and poker and the pictures are the same and the description is very similar. I am assuming it is someone stealing another developers game, I hate this sort of thing. I emailed the developers of sword and poker so they can be aware of it.
01-29-2012, 06:17 PM
Wrong forum my friend.

Reviewer at The App Shack

01-29-2012, 08:31 PM
Is there a stealing of a game and passing it off as your own forum? It is about a game for the iphone/ipod touch that is available in the app store and I wanted to start a discussion about it, what other forum should I use?
01-29-2012, 11:56 PM
Holy shit, this isn't just a clone, they actually stole the whole game! Don't expect to see this on the App Store for long. What idiots, I absolutely cannot stand this type of thing.

Game Center ID: Quazonk
Twitter: @GomeraMosking
01-30-2012, 12:16 AM
Wow you're right. They even went as far as to just rip 2 of the sword & poker screenshots into their own game. AND sell this complete copy of the game for $6.99!!!

GC- banger1103
01-30-2012, 12:49 AM
LOL wow thats sad, major ripoff.
04-20-2012, 11:26 PM
Apple pulled the app (Ace Poker Hero) but approved a new one with different name, same ripoff, same developer. Worse, it's $20.99 now!!!

Do not buy

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive

Last edited by Red1; 04-20-2012 at 11:41 PM.
04-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Does anyone know why Apple pulled the original app(s). I have been trying to find it.

Game Lists: Retro | Runner | Platformer

Jonathan Blow's Design Reboot Superbrothers Design Reboot
04-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by retr0spective View Post
Does anyone know why Apple pulled the original app(s). I have been trying to find it.
They disappeared randomly and then reappeared once before, about a year ago. Then they disappeared again a couple months ago. Maybe they'll be back again, but who knows? Maybe the devs sold the rights to some shady company that's selling it for 20 bucks now
04-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
They disappeared randomly and then reappeared once before, about a year ago. Then they disappeared again a couple months ago. Maybe they'll be back again, but who knows? Maybe the devs sold the rights to some shady company that's selling it for 20 bucks now
I've recently found out that the it had been pulled. JUST WHEN I HAD THE MONEY/WANTED TO BUY IT.

Currently enjoying: CtR, AB: Space, Guitar Hero, Rock Band Reloaded, Burger Queen World, Hunters: Episode One, Batman Arkham Lockdown, Ice Race, Bar Oasis1.5, Air Gamblers: Supremacy, Mage Gauntlet, Real Racing 2, Inotia2/3, Undercroft, Pocket Warriors, Ascension, Chaos Rings