Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-20-2012, 03:09 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

I'm curious and hopeful, too. The blog doesn't seem to be mentioning iOS DarkNet so much any more; hope we'll still see it.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I am just hoping it is still being worked on and in the meantime they are getting some profitable work to do.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:11 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

hey, art guy from mirror match here . Yes we are still working on Darknet.

long story short: As a small independent studio of only 3 people, to give Darknet the support it needs, we need another title out quickly to help support us financially so we can take our time developing it.

This title will be [URL="http://toucharcade.com/2012/03/07/gdc-2012-introducing-my-my-monsters-a-pokemon-like/"]My My Monsters[/URL], which was another title we had been planning on developing anyways. Although we are going to change the name to something else, no one likes that title apparently.

longer story:

So we originally wanted Darknet to be playable with users[like you all] in December. But we felt that we were rushing ourselves. We still like the idea of public development on it though and when we can get users in on it, you'll all be the first to know . Anyways, we looked at how much time it would take to get everything we wanted and it started ballooning pretty large.

One of the ways the game could get the love it needs is if we had the revenue to hire on some more employees, such as more artists and maybe another engineer. This way we wouldn't spend years developing Darknet, you'd get it faster, and we'd be playing you on it faster . Also even if we didn't get new employees, revenue would allow us to work on Darknet more comfortably[we have rent to pay after all :P]

So yes, we are still working on it, it just slowed down a bit while we shifted focus on Monsters, which we still need a better title for, and once that ships we'll be back on Darknet.

If anyone is curious the last darknet task I did was sketching costume ideas so you could customize your squad to look as cool or as goofy as you want. Panda masks, Afro G-Men, and Punk styles for example. When I fix my scanner, or find my digital camera I'll be sure to post those here.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:41 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Thanks very much taking the time to give us an update dude. Glad to know it's still being worked on, very glad, as those customisation options sound bananas great! (suggestion, banana hats.)

Good luck with M3, (or whatever it ends up being called.) I expect I shall insta-buy that, if for no other reason than to put more pennies into darknets purse.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:53 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Wow, game looks fantastic! Can't believe I haven't seen this until now.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:47 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniacfive View Post
Thanks very much taking the time to give us an update dude. Glad to know it's still being worked on, very glad, as those customisation options sound bananas great! (suggestion, banana hats.)

Good luck with M3, (or whatever it ends up being called.) I expect I shall insta-buy that, if for no other reason than to put more pennies into darknets purse.
Banana suits are now in the pipeline.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:38 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino @ MMG View Post
Banana suits are now in the pipeline.
In..sta..buy