Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-23-2012, 04:37 PM

Default Luftrausers - (by Vlambeer) [Not iOS]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Quote:
Two-hundred million crates have been collected worldwide. If you add up the crate counters in Super Crate Box & its iOS version you get a sum total of 202 341 012. Almost 20 golden crates have been collected as well, so there’s just 80 golden crates left before the next update hits. We just let loose our stats on those numbers & our calculations put that at just over 1.5 million disc-gun deaths.

Just last week during the Utrecht Indie Meetup Jan Willem and I discussed that something felt slightly off about how things were going recently. Basically, Vlambeer has been focusing on earning money for a really big project that we want to do. We’ve been doing talks, events and a lot of other, great things. But we feel that we should put the focus back it where should be: making games.

Vlambeer was founded on September 1st, 2010. As you might or might not remember, the first thing we made was Radical Fishing. We remember high-fiving for being on Kotaku for the first time ever. We took a deep breath, released Super Crate Box and everything went into a maelstrom: we were nominated for the Independent Games Festival, we won lots of ridiculous prizes, flying out to talks and events and getting offers to work on a Serious Sam game.

Vlambeer allowed us to reach all of you, create games we wouldn’t be able to make seperately and hopefully, in doing so, offering you something interesting, novel and creative to play. We’re extremely thankful for all of you that support us – every tweet, retweet, like, share, discuss and sale allows us to make the things we work on so hard. In the end, that’s what it’s about, isn’t it? It’s about the games. We think we might’ve lost track of that a bit in all the madness.

So, we’re making a small course correction. That whole money-thing for that big project? We’ll work that out later. Actually, we’ll just work that big project out later. The two of us have been doing seperate things for the last few months – ever since the Ridiculous Fishing debacle hit – and we really want to make a really good game together. So that’s what’s up next.

Source:

Last edited by Sanuku; 04-23-2012 at 05:04 PM..
Old 04-23-2012, 04:41 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

YES.

Pure awesomeness, instabuy for me when it comes out. I do wish they'd give some more definitive word on the Ridiculous Fishing timeline, though.

Last edited by 3parkbenchhydra; 04-23-2012 at 04:43 PM..
Old 04-23-2012, 05:05 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Just to make absolutely sure that this doesn't end up with a really, really big disappointment - LUFTRAUSERS is not intended as an iOS launch at this point. Sorry!

As for Ridiculous Fishing: We're aiming at two or three months of work left. Of course, if it takes more time to get it perfect, we'll take more time - but it's really, really getting there. Zach has been superbusy with his Spelltower sale, so his time to work on Ridiculous Fishing was kind of limited the last week. Expect a nice update somewhere in the next two weeks.

Last edited by Vlambeer; 04-23-2012 at 05:08 PM..
Old 04-23-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlambeer View Post
Just to make absolutely sure that this doesn't end up with a really, really big disappointmet - this is not going to be an iOS launch.
At the current Point I can only assume that it might be a similar Case like with Super Crate Box where you Guys couldn`t just take all the Code and just hope it would work the same Way as is did on the PC/Console.

Even if there might be much work yet to be done to see it on iOS, after the last Game we have seen from Vlambeer it`s hardly to Imagine that we won`t see Luftrausers in the future on iOS.

Last edited by Sanuku; 04-23-2012 at 05:22 PM..
Old 04-23-2012, 05:17 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlambeer View Post
Just to make absolutely sure that this doesn't end up with a really, really big disappointment - LUFTRAUSERS is not intended as an iOS launch at this point. Sorry!
Oh no

Unfortunately that is a really, really big disappointment.

THank you for the news on RF though, that soothes the pain a little Are you sure there's no good way to port Luftrausers?

Last edited by 3parkbenchhydra; 04-23-2012 at 05:20 PM..
Old 04-23-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3parkbenchhydra View Post
Oh no

Unfortunately that is a really, really big disappointment.

THank you for the news on RF though, that soothes the pain a little Are you sure there's no good way to port Luftrausers?
I think what he ment was that they first wanna finish up the PC Version and then start working on the Mobil Version as they already had done with Super Crate Box.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:31 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

That's...not how I read his response but I will cheerfully hold out hope
Old 04-23-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3parkbenchhydra View Post
That's...not how I read his response but I will cheerfully hold out hope
It did took almost two Years till Super Crate Box was launched on the iOS and during that Time all you had read about it was most of the Time "No iOS Port is on it`s Way".

Same with Super Meat Boy, Minecraft,... I`m well aware that a Port is a huge Work to handle nowadays but let`s Face it:

As long as Microsoft or Sony are actually paying Publisher/Developers to keep their Titles for some Time/forever exclusive on their Console every Developer that might be on their Pay-list will tell you that there is no Reason for a Port.

All at all I`m looking forward to see Luftrausers on iOS, even if it might take another two Years...
Old 04-24-2012, 06:35 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

I don't get why this is on toucharcade if its not a ios game? thats really weird :O but sure i get it for pc... but damn i want it for the ios insted..
Old 04-24-2012, 06:43 PM

Send a message via MSN to JoshCM

camera shake is always welcome!