Old 04-23-2012, 06:21 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Arcana's Defender By Studio Wander

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Old 04-24-2012, 09:06 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Hi!

Hello! Very cool to see a thread already underway. I'm SGW and the guy responsible (for good or bad) for Arcana's Defender. Hope you guys like the game. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the thread for feed back and ideas for updates!

-SGW
arcanasdefender.com
Old 04-24-2012, 09:09 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGW View Post
Hello! Very cool to see a thread already underway. I'm SGW and the guy responsible (for good or bad) for Arcana's Defender. Hope you guys like the game. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the thread for feed back and ideas for updates!

-SGW
arcanasdefender.com
i see stars on the stages. does this game have the star grading system for how good you do?
Old 04-24-2012, 09:15 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Yeah, a pretty simple one. Basically if you finish the level without letting any beasties by (perfect) you get 4 stars, more that go by fewer stars you get. Definitely not the main draw of the game, but its there for those who dig it. There is also an achievement gained if you get 20 stages with 4 stars.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:19 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

i absolutely love any game that has the star grading system. that was pretty much the only reason i needed to buy this game. thanks.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:22 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by eAdvisory View Post
i absolutely love any game that has the star grading system. that was pretty much the only reason i needed to buy this game. thanks.
LOL. Good to hear the feature is loved! I hope you enjoy it
Old 04-24-2012, 10:13 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Ok, I picked up this one.

First off, I get tired of constantly tapping to use my "bread and butter" as so described shot. Second, when scrolling through the store it keeps jumping around. If I scroll down a couple items, then try to scroll again, it puts me back to the top.

So far though, this is really damn good!

I would like to see some sort of fix to the tapping. Maybe it's just me though...
Old 04-24-2012, 11:08 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahakaJR View Post
Ok, I picked up this one.

First off, I get tired of constantly tapping to use my "bread and butter" as so described shot. Second, when scrolling through the store it keeps jumping around. If I scroll down a couple items, then try to scroll again, it puts me back to the top.

So far though, this is really damn good!

I would like to see some sort of fix to the tapping. Maybe it's just me though...
I'm glad you like it so far!

When I originally set out to make it I wanted to combine the frantic feel of a shooter along with the more strategic feel of a tower defense type game. I also hoped to allow people to play the way they want. Using turrets more than 'pew pew' or the reverse. If it turns out your in the majority, and there is enough desire for some kind of squeal or content update I'll definitely keep that in mind.

I will say this:
As you move on you'll probably become less reliant on the standard arcane shot and use more of the summon spells, especially once you get the Mana Well. Keep a couple of those on the field and with the extra mana you'll find you can have quite a few more summons doing the hard work for you.

Thanks for the note on the store scroll. Sounds like it might still be a bit squirrelly for some folks. I'll see if I can smooth it out on the next update... along with the misspelling on the front menu! Can't believe that got past all the testing :/

-SGW

Last edited by SGW; 04-24-2012 at 11:14 PM..
Old 04-26-2012, 09:38 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Update to 1.1

Put up an emergency update today. This will improve game performance on 3gs iPhone 4 and iPod touch 3rd Gen.

-SGW
Old 05-02-2012, 02:30 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default promo codes give away

Promo Code Give Away for Arcana's Defender currently going on in the Promo Codes Section of the forum.