App description: You are stranded on rogue planet Zaga-33! Explore deep into its mysterious caverns. Fight off horrible green monsters and discover esoteric alien artifacts. Destroy the alien Cortex to escape.

"Few games are as hypnotic or menacing as Zaga-33, a top-down exploration adventure in which you somehow work your way through an oppressive alien world. Fast-paced and pleasingly nasty." - 500 Must-have Apps, The Telegraph, 3 October 2012
04-23-2012, 10:49 PM
This actually looks intriguing going on this:

04-23-2012, 10:53 PM
looks interesting... but what's the point of the game?

See how far can you reach?

Applebloom FTW!
Playlist
Brave Frontier - Elune Saga - Monster Squad - Looking for more F2P games like Brave Frontier, PM ME recommendations please!
04-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexiel View Post
looks interesting... but what's the point of the game?

See how far can you reach?
Doesnt make sense that he skips killing enemies when they are already right on their line of sight. Unless, there is a sort of soft timer like the hunger system was in the old days that it pressures you to keep moving.

Also, everything else has a graphic, and the main character is still an ascii character. I just find that a bit odd.

And in other stuff regarding roguelikes, i would like to see a rogue on the iOS with better graphics this time. Breath of Fire 5 was one of my favorite roguelikes, but people didnt expect that to be a BOF title and it got less love than I hoped it'd get.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Here's what I've got (played the pc/mac version):

The object is to get to floor 25. Get there and you unlock texture packs for the game.

You avoid enemies because you only have 9 hitpoints. Each enemy does 1 damage per hit, as do you. Each enemy takes 2 hits to kill. There is no experience. Therefore, there is no real purpose in picking fights with enemies. You regain 1 hp every new floor.

There are random items strewn about the map. They do random things (freeze enemies, nuke enemies, teleport, etc.) and are random each game.

It's basically supposed to be a quick-play, puzzle-like roguelike. Not a super deep game, but rather one you can play in 5 minutes, with the only real strategy being learning how to avoid the enemies (each type of enemy moves differently/has different AI) and make it to floor 25, managing your resources (the items you pick up).

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey
04-23-2012, 11:49 PM
Is the main character an '@' symbol?

Favorite games:

League of Evil 2, Rocket Bits, Super Crate Box, Retro Racing, INC, Choco Run, Swordigo.
04-23-2012, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoids View Post
Is the main character an '@' symbol?
Yes, just like old school roguelikes.

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey
04-24-2012, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magihiro View Post
Yes, just like old school roguelikes.
It wouldve been ok if everything was represented as ascii characters just like in the old days.

It's pretty odd that everything has a graphic and the main character is still an ascii character.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
It wouldve been ok if everything was represented as ascii characters just like in the old days.

It's pretty odd that everything has a graphic and the main character is still an ascii character.
Not his fault he left his peaceful planet ASCII and landed amongst all these strange graphical beings on Zaga 33.

I bet his d back home misses him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
04-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Game Impressions

A clever streamlined roguleike WITH A SCORE! I'm all over this and then some!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews