★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
04-24-2012, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
Where is the option to disable hints? I don't see it anywhere.
There is no explicit option - after the 2nd image, hints just don't pop up automatically anymore (if you've installed the update, that is). Instead, you get a little button in a corner of the screen after ten seconds, which you need to tap in order to trigger a hint manually.
04-24-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblebrook View Post
There is no explicit option - after the 2nd image, hints just don't pop up automatically anymore (if you've installed the update, that is). Instead, you get a little button in a corner of the screen after ten seconds, which you need to tap in order to trigger a hint manually.
Hmm, I've definitely installed the update yet I'm still getting automatic hints. That's why I wondered where the "off" switch was... I'll try it on my different devices and see if it reacts the same on all, or if this problem is limited to one, and report back...
04-24-2012, 02:44 PM
I just double-checked by deleting the app from my iPhone and re-installing it from the App Store. As expected, the automatic hints are still on for the first two images, and after that I only get the hint button.

If you find that it's only one of your devices, would you consider uninstalling and re-downloading and let me know if the issue persists? Maybe it was a hiccup on the App Store's end?
04-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblebrook View Post
If you find that it's only one of your devices, would you consider uninstalling and re-downloading and let me know if the issue persists? Maybe it was a hiccup on the App Store's end?
Yup, it was only a problem on my new iPad 3rd gen, which I had updated first, so I deleted and reinstalled. Must've been a hiccup on iTune's end because the game works fine now. Hints shut off after two images, just like you said. Thanks!
06-29-2012, 11:07 AM
Been wanting to get this for the longest damn time. I played the online version quite a bit a few months ago, but ever since my history got wiped out, I just couldn't remember the name...it's sad that the only way I could have remembered was seeing it go free, but thanks for the freebie.

If any of you enjoyed Blueprint but deleted it because...well, it's something close to 200mbs, right?...yeah, this app is teensy, challenging, beautiful and as far as I'm concerned, the images are just more fun to work out than Blueprint...check this out. It's really great.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"