Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-20-2012, 11:46 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Is Smuttleworks making an updated sequel? Will you make any other games like this? IT would be a real shame if you guys go all casual, or make a 'cute' version of this series.
well, we'd really like to add the dwarven fortress levels to the game + the random endless dungeon crawler, but we don't have the resources to do so (at the moment). and no worries about a "cute Companions". won't come. We even started with a graphic update last summer, but had to discontinue the development, because of what I mentioned above.

we have to do the casual stuff now, because that's were the money is. when we started, we thought Companions could make us "rich"...haha, what fools we were back then.

a kickstarter campaign would be cool, but correct me if I am wrong, you need to live in the US to do that, isn't that so?

BTW: the game is still on sale for 4 more days! 0,99$ only!

Last edited by smuttlegiaco; 04-20-2012 at 11:48 AM..
Old 04-20-2012, 08:09 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

It's a real shame that you say you have to do the casual stuff now for the money, I think the idea behind your games are great. Really meaty deep stuff. Hopefully you can continue to make awesome games that really suit themselves to the iPad. In the meantime, anything you guys make, I'll buy it straight away based on your previous stuff and to support a fantastic developer.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:12 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

thanks for your support felonious!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:06 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

In my opinion, this game should have got you at least 6 cyphers earnings; its a very well crafted game, interesting storyline (sometimes even funny) and overall almost everything feels right about it.
This made me lose all my sunday, haha.
I would gladly pay more for this game.
A shame you cant continue developing this kind of games right now, but... in a future, Im sure you will do a wonderful strategy/rpg game again, and Ill be buying it
Old 04-23-2012, 10:22 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

thank you CrunchyGamer!

with the knowledge we have know, the game would become even better, I'm sure of that. we put 10 month work in it, with no experience regarding iOS games - the things we learned since 2010/11...quite a lot of stuff.

let's hope Nosferatu, our endless runner, continues to be so well received. the money we generate with the game could well be the foundation for a Companions 2 or some such thing...
Old 04-23-2012, 11:57 PM

Hey it says the game is still on sale but it's showing for 4.99 just wondering.

Thx
Old 04-24-2012, 12:12 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthon View Post
Hey it says the game is still on sale but it's showing for 4.99 just wondering.

Thx
Its not on sale anymore, they just didnt update yet. btw avadon is on sale 9.99 - 4.99.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:14 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

updated now. you know, we sleep over here when you're awake.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:27 PM
iPhone 6 Plus

Pretty bummed that the random dungeon component never saw the light of day, but you can't argue with economics.

I guess...

<SNIFF>
Old 05-19-2012, 06:49 AM

Can I get some help:

(a) some what near the beginning, I found a secret room to a "library". There's 4 books the mage finds interesting with the titles "Detex" "for" "my" "life". I can't figure out what this means. I originally thought I'm supposed to read them in some sort of order, but I couldn't get it to work. And I'm also supposed to be able to pick something up, but when I try it, nothing happens. what gives?

(b) aside from the achievement / fame, is there any additional bonus to finishing this game on a harder difficulty? (i'm playing normal right now)

(c) what's the drop rate on the loot? I remember playing this once long time ago and I barely found any loot. I only got into about 2 hours into the game... then stopped for a while, and I restarted just today. But I'm finding a lot more loot than before. Was wondering if I did something different, or did the developers change the drop-rate in one of the versions...

thanks.