★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Sword & Sworcery help thread, OH DEAR GOD THE SPOILERS

04-23-2012, 05:39 AM
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 955
So where is this alternate moon key location that was mentioned? I got through that part before by changing the time on my phone under the premise that I couldn't encounter the Boor after opening the tree up.
04-23-2012, 07:20 AM
Can someone help me with session III
Iv got the dark moon trigon and have now unsuccessfully tried to alter the moon using the moon grotto to set it to full so I can get the final trigon and complete the trifecta.
I manage to get to the grove where Jim Guthrie hangs out and can see the sparks in the tree which light up and ding. but there is not the usual sprite bubbles... i cant figure out what i'v missed. have looked at the usual walkthrough pages but cant figure out what im doing wrong. I just need the full moon paradox to work

04-23-2012, 10:01 AM
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by madelinemoon View Post
Can someone help me with session III
Iv got the dark moon trigon and have now unsuccessfully tried to alter the moon using the moon grotto to set it to full so I can get the final trigon and complete the trifecta.
I manage to get to the grove where Jim Guthrie hangs out and can see the sparks in the tree which light up and ding. but there is not the usual sprite bubbles... i cant figure out what i'v missed. have looked at the usual walkthrough pages but cant figure out what im doing wrong. I just need the full moon paradox to work
Did you talk to Jim?

__________________
It's Jori from Superbrothers! Collaborators on Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
04-23-2012, 10:09 AM
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMIkado View Post
OK, guys I don't know if anyone has experienced this but I can't find a single soul who mentioned this happening: I played the game only once so I didn't experiment with this BUT: BIG SPOILER in the 3rd segment you can go to the well and our hero will say "the water in the well looks unwell", now if you eat a mushroom you can JUMP in the water. To my understanding you can do this at ANY stage in the game, but normally it will reset you after a cool animation (I assume you sank while high on shrooms?) but in this part of the game you are placed to an UNDERWATER world where there is a statue of a deer. Now I haven't scouted the whole world at all and I killed the deer for some reason, upon which a giant question mark appeared on my screen and I couldn't go into the well again without sinking!

Is that where the girl went? Can anyone experiment more with this? WHAT HAPPEN.
Sounds like you might be playing the Steam version. I don't think you can do this on iOS, and you can't do it when the moon is dark or bright. ***Spoiler Check the intro screen now that you have killed the deer. See anything different?

__________________
It's Jori from Superbrothers! Collaborators on Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
04-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Sorry that this is kind of off topic but i did not really know where else to put a question like this. So my question is, what do you do in this game? i never really understood the goal of this game or what its about. Please help by explaining it.

Plus+ ID: Chopper34
Game Center Username: KennyStang12
04-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Joined: May 2009
Location: Bay area, CA
Posts: 2,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper12 View Post
Sorry that this is kind of off topic but i did not really know where else to put a question like this. So my question is, what do you do in this game? i never really understood the goal of this game or what its about. Please help by explaining it.
Did you read the description in the app store? It's an adventure game - if you don't know what an adventure game is, eh, well, I wouldn't start with this one. As good as it is, it's not typical for adventure games and may confuse people who aren't accustomed to them.

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams
05-18-2012, 08:17 AM
Spoiler question: Does the Scythian really die at the end? Cause that seriously bummed me out. I keep searching for comments on this but no one is really talking about it.
05-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Joined: May 2009
Location: Bay area, CA
Posts: 2,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdalene Felix View Post
Spoiler question: Does the Scythian really die at the end? Cause that seriously bummed me out. I keep searching for comments on this but no one is really talking about it.
It's been a little while since I finished, but I'm pretty sure that's the case - you can tell it's going to happen too given her physical state leading up to it.

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams
05-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfoundry View Post
It's been a little while since I finished, but I'm pretty sure that's the case - you can tell it's going to happen too given her physical state leading up to it.
I know and it was an interesting touch that the adventures took their toll on her and her health gradually degraded as she completed the tasks. It went to show that her journey was woeful indeed. But, still, I was sort of expecting her to get saved somehow at the end, especially since the tone of the game is rather light-hearted. It was just so heartwrenching when Logfella picked up her limp body from the river and then they proceeded to burn her on the pyre. I kept hoping there was more to it but it just ends like that. To quote the game: Groan this is depressing amirite? XD
12-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,410
Can anybody explain to me why must the sheep in the meadow (to get the spirits in Session II) be clicked in order from 1-8. What is the logic behind it? If there is no logic, I am quitting this game. Every game needs to have some friggin logic and I hate it I had to look at a help guide to progress through.