Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-06-2012, 11:35 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgek View Post
i mean if a game is going to be all brutal on me, short of beating it, i'd love a record of how far i'd gotten in previous runs.
qft.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Developer
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Default Game Impressions

LordGek, as usual we're in agreement! I have spent some time with Rogue Ninja today and I definitely like it...

This is very much like an 8-bit Shiren the Wanderer or Izuna. Controls do exactly what you'd expect them to. You can attack open spaces to expose traps, collect a variety of equipment (lots of it familiar to anyone who has played Rogue or Shiren), become afflicted with a variety of status effects. Items are identified for the most part (except for weapons/armor strength), but I think this is due to the first quest being labeled as "easy". There is a locked quest that probably opens once you complete the first... no indication of how many floors you need to travel just yet...

Random thoughts-
* Definitely needs leaderboards!
* Font is pretty small, could be tough to read for some people.
* Music does get annoying. I have turned it down
* Game speed seems a tad slow with occasional stutter. Not sure what the issue is since I'm on an iPhone 4S. Maybe this was made with the Adobe Flash kit?

Despite these small flaws I highly recommend it! Nothing groundbreaking here, but it is a cool tribute to Shiren... It'll keep roguelike fans happy until devs like Madgarden and I get around to releasing our new stuff
Old 04-06-2012, 02:06 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 04-06-2012, 04:35 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Just watched Sanuku's video. Im getting the game later.

However the game does seem a bit too slow for a rogue like. There's a reason why some roguelikes have a Dash or a Fast forward button.

Also, speaking of Roguelikes, I wonder if a game like Zettai Hero Project could be released for the iOS? That was an insanely good title.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Developer
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Just watched Sanuku's video. Im getting the game later.

However the game does seem a bit too slow for a rogue like. There's a reason why some roguelikes have a Dash or a Fast forward button.

Also, speaking of Roguelikes, I wonder if a game like Zettai Hero Project could be released for the iOS? That was an insanely good title.
Yeah the play seemed slow at first. I enjoy using double-tap fast play in Rogue Touch... After playing this for over an hour I finally realized there is a way to speed up- touch the dot in the center of the D-Pad, then the direction you want to go in. The little guy moves instantly to the nearest wall or monster or object in the chosen direction. It's not quite as nice as my fast play, it won't follow corridors around all the twists and bends automatically, but is a good start!

Just beat the first quest. Secret scroll was found on the 10th floor. No score or fanfare, just the word "Clear!" and now I have the second quest open (described as normal difficulty)... Will see what changes
Old 04-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Developer
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Default Game Impressions

Spent some more time with the game... The second quest "B / Normal Difficulty" does a good job of expanding on the game. Early levels turned out to be quite easy because it was full of familiar monsters and territory. Items were still mostly identified, other than the +/- values of equipment. I did run into some cursed items at last, and some nicer and more powerful gear, and more traps...

Just when I thought this quest was going to be a pushover, things started to get tough! Started to encounter more powerful monsters with multiple hits, ability to paralyze you, hit you with strong poison, or even slow your move/attack rate!

Finally met my demise as a rank 20 character attempting to clear out a monster house/party room on floor 19 (oh yeah, just like Shiren and my own Rogue Touch, very dangerous!!)... Normally I would've ran for the exit, but I was desperate to claim all the treasure in that room after using so much of my pack over the previous few floors

I suspect that the princess I was searching for was on floor 20 (since the scroll on Easy was found on floor 10), so close! Hoping that a new "Hard" mode or endless dungeon is opened up after beating this quest...

Enjoying Rogue Ninja a lot! Unfortunately as discussed before it really needs at least local, and ideally online leaderboards to have some staying power. After I finish the provided quests there is no incentive to try again unless I'm trying to beat another score
Old 04-10-2012, 11:19 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Cool, another rogue-like. Can never have too many of those! Buying it up.

Anyone know if the dev is active on TA at all?

Edit: Crap, need IOS 5.1 for this. Been too lazy to update. BLAH!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:46 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Got this last night after seeing CommanderData's comments. Between then and now put about 3 hours into it and had a really fun time.

Finished the first quest and second quest each in one try. Second quest is 20 full floors and then you find the end on the 21st. Nothing was unlocked. I got a 100% hit weapon on like the second floor and a lot of Enchant Weapons scrolls that carried me through. I had to start running a bit around the 17th-18th floor, but I think I was around level 18 when I cleared the quest.

Since there is nothing in the game recording your data and no other harder quest or options you can change, I guess I'm done with the game until there is an update to it. Still, 3 hours of entertaining, well-made roguelike is worth $1 every day of the week.

I can answer questions about it if anyone has any.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:44 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Now works on iOS 5.01, possibly earlier...
Old 06-21-2012, 09:38 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Update 1.02 just got pushed out to my phone that adds a third course, "Down with King Tengu!!" with Difficulty Hard. I'm gonna check it out soon, just thought people that maybe already played through the first 2 courses would like to pick the game back up again.