Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-24-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post

I just finished a(n?) MP game with another player who was falling A LOT. I was admittedly getting a little frustrated picking this player up over and over, and then I realized that he (she?) had leveled up at least 4 times in about 7-8 rounds, letting me know it was a newer player. At that point, I became determined to carry this newer player as far as I could.

We made it to wave 11 before their connection failed. I can only hope I did my part to make their experience enjoyable!

DBC
I did the same a while back. i waited for a game for a long time, finally two people showed up right before the count down ended. It was 2 new players with not much health. one dropped out right away. the other I tried to watch his/her health since i have plenty of health and just refilled him when i noticed he was low.

I did this for a few rounds and it got to the point where he fell a lot and was just out gunned. I opted to rescue him as much as i could. I felt like i was protecting someone and seemed like another multiplayer game almost. a few rounds later, he dropped out, probably lost interest at not being able to contribute. I didn't mind helping out. the person was trying, just inexperienced.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:42 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmericardo View Post
I was doing well and upgrading my guns and armor and all that but recently I got stuck on the spiders in the third part. And that's on normal difficulty. I probably need a different weapon or something.
I haven't gotten to level three, I'm actually saving it () and finishing levels one and two on Hell, but from what I've heard, it's pretty tough.

What are you running for gear? One thing I can tell you from experience is that it is often better to strategize rather than try to overpower things, including triggering new mutants and then falling back while gunning...

I'm sure others who have finished it will chime in...

DBC

P.S. Gosh, I almost forgot, have you checked out the BT website for tips? It is AMAZING, and will also help you link up with other players.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:48 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

SG,

You and I WILL finish a game in my lifetime!

DBC
Old 04-24-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
I haven't gotten to level three, I'm actually saving it () and finishing levels one and two on Hell, but from what I've heard, it's pretty tough.

P.S. Gosh, I almost forgot, have you checked out the BT website for tips? It is AMAZING, and will also help you link up with other players.
Aha thanks! I feel stupid now cause I didn't realise you could go back and replay chapters with your latest guns. Thought a new game would literally be a new game. Wondered why it was so tough. Doh!

Ok time to grab some crystals from earlier levels on Hard. Thanks again.

(yeah the site is cool!)
Old 04-24-2012, 07:53 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

The pistols work well on the spiders in the third chapter.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:27 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

I DID IT!

Band of brothers, baby!

Woo hoo!

DBC
Old 04-24-2012, 10:54 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
I was doing well and upgrading my guns and armor and all that but recently I got stuck on the spiders in the third part. And that's on normal difficulty. I probably need a different weapon or something.
For spiders, it is best that you have a flamer with you since it is hard to hit them with other weapons (the developers do mean it ). If you are thinking about the spider champion, watch this (you don't really need a crossbow).

Quote:
The last chapter was intentionally made difficult.

Quote:
Quote:
(yeah the site is cool!)
Appreciate it!

Quote:
I DID IT!

Band of brothers, baby!

Woo hoo!
Congratulations! Starting to go for score now?
Old 04-24-2012, 11:51 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo Two View Post
Congratulations! Starting to go for score now?
Well, we certainly weren't going for score on that run. I think we finished with a multiplier of 4.

I'd have to agree with Dirty Harry on this one, the game is just SO fun, I'm really just enjoying playing it. That said, I would love to hook up with a couple r-n-gers and see what happens...

At this point, I'm still leveling, still honing my craft, still gearing up... Perhaps one day I'll be making serious runs, but for now it's so darn exciting hearing those crystals fall...

Boy, I cannot believe it's possible to keep a score multiplier up in waves 18-20! Yikes!

DBC
Old 04-25-2012, 12:02 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Boy, I cannot believe it's possible to keep a score multiplier up in waves 18-20! Yikes!
Well, the fact speaks for itself. <--That was recorded long time ago. You shouldn't really follow what was depicted in that video. It was meant to be experimental. Follow this in a team game:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Bravo Two; 04-25-2012 at 12:27 AM..
Old 04-25-2012, 09:06 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:

(yeah the site is cool!)
The site is great Bravo! I like to see stuff like that and to be a part of it, well done my friend!