★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: You are a door gunner in the marine corps airborne unit. Your mission is to protect the professor as he tries to flee the zombie infested nuclear fallout.Using your devastating armaments onboard your Huey attack chopper, fire missiles and gun down endless waves of zombies as they try to feast on the brains of the professor.

Easy controls- aim with one finger , fire with the other finger..

12 different 3d environments to try and unlock

Full 3D Graphics! Zoom in and gun down fully animated 3d zombies.Switch between Machine gun and Rocket Launcher depending on the size and distance of the zombie swarm.

WEAPONS 7.62 mm fully automatic door mounted machine gun Air to Ground firing Rocket Launcher

COLLECT a Coins Reward for each ZOMBIE KILLUse coin bonuses to upgrade your weapons and increase your zombie killing ability

COMPETE with OTHERSChallenge your friends and other door gunners on the Game Centre Leaderboard!

UNIVERSAL For one low price you get the Retina enabled iPhone, iPod Touch, and HD iPad versions of the game!

Steel Rain is ONLY AVAILABLE on iOS!

Sanuku's comments:

04-24-2012, 07:26 PM
This certainly looks good...almost too good to be true, which is worrisome. Two questions: 1) Anyone try this yet?, and 2) Why does it say "Death From Above is only available on iOS", while the game is called "Steel Rain"?

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!

04-24-2012, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
This certainly looks good...almost too good to be true, which is worrisome. Two questions: 1) Anyone try this yet?, and 2) Why does it say "Death From Above is only available on iOS", while the game is called "Steel Rain"?
I think there was a game called Death From Above. I wonder if the dev is re-releasing it under Steel Rain.

Be interested to hear impressions from anyone who bites on this one.
04-25-2012, 06:18 AM
Graphics look decent although gameplay looks boring as hell... I hope that scoping in doesn't turn that SMG's iron sight into an acog scope like it is scoped in some pictures. As there's obviously no scope in the smg and then there's suddenly an acog scope. Might be a sniper, looks like a scope of sniper's

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
04-25-2012, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Graphics look decent although gameplay looks boring as hell... I hope that scoping in doesn't turn that SMG's iron sight into an acog scope like it is scoped in some pictures. As there's obviously no scope in the smg and then there's suddenly an acog scope. Might be a sniper, looks like a scope of sniper's
Lol IMO it looks decent for an iPod 2 :3

iPad 3 iOS 6.1 32GB
iPod 5 iOS 6.1 32GB
04-25-2012, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakenXXDeadly View Post
Lol IMO it looks decent for an iPod 2 :3
Well it does have nice textures. I see you got iPad 3, can you show some high res pics of this

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
04-25-2012, 07:39 PM
And now, the price of admission is cut in half. Just went down to 99 cents.
04-25-2012, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
And now, the price of admission is cut in half. Just went down to 99 cents.
Obviously didn't have much confidence in sales to cut it after one day.