Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-24-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuran View Post
for those who don't feel like buying IAPs, there's a way to make your life easier without it.
stick with the slot machine, get all three crowns, and complete the royal equipment set.
you will get coins or potions for every successful attack with this set on.
for example, i usually get 5k coins by farming in a certain dungeon, but i can get 15k with this set on, i think i can get more than 100k in 30 minutes, and i don't have to buy potions anymore
well, you still need to do some grinding, but it's a lot easier, and you will have enough coins to buy better equipments as your level goes up
try to use the slot machine when you have extra coins to buy tokens, because there's a lot of interesting equipments you may get.
all you need is luck!
hope this will help you guys
Did you have any trick in completing the Royal Armor set? I've been sticking with the slot machine but like my previous post above, i can only get 4/5 pieces without it repeating pieces i already have?!?! Getting pretty frustrated but i'm going to keep grinding to see if it happens again
Old 04-24-2012, 08:20 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethpetro View Post
Did you have any trick in completing the Royal Armor set? I've been sticking with the slot machine but like my previous post above, i can only get 4/5 pieces without it repeating pieces i already have?!?! Getting pretty frustrated but i'm going to keep grinding to see if it happens again
I'd also like to know if there's a certain level you need to be before you can get any of the Royal Armor set. I figured I'd go for the slot machine as well, but I'm sure I've played at least 50 times total and have yet to get any piece of the Royal Armor.

Not sure if I should even be bothering wasting so much of my money on tokens to try to get some good stuff.

I'm just level 17 by the way so not sure if it's too early to expect to get the Royal stuff at my level (not even sure what level you need to be to be able to wear it).
Old 04-24-2012, 08:32 PM

If your level > 29,you can go to 4 final side quests. The goblin and slime king are easy to be killed and can drop decent items.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
I'd also like to know if there's a certain level you need to be before you can get any of the Royal Armor set. I figured I'd go for the slot machine as well, but I'm sure I've played at least 50 times total and have yet to get any piece of the Royal Armor.

Not sure if I should even be bothering wasting so much of my money on tokens to try to get some good stuff.

I'm just level 17 by the way so not sure if it's too early to expect to get the Royal stuff at my level (not even sure what level you need to be to be able to wear it).
I don't think there is any level limit for getting the royal set. Just more time and luck.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:39 PM

I ended up getting my last piece of the royal armor. I just stuck it out getting gold from the 3 giant ogre side quest, then using that gold to buy 10 stacks of slot coins and i eventually got them.

Another thing i'm pissed at is that after level 29 (when the final four side quests appear), you cannot go back to any of the other side quests!! I was pulling 40k in gold on the 3 giant ogre side quest with the royal armor equipped...but now im stuck with only pulling 15k in the "kill 50 enemies" quest.

Has anyone found a more lucrative quest after level 20 when you're stuck with the final four side quests???
Old 04-25-2012, 10:28 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

I've noticed that occasionally when I try to leave one board/battle by following the arrow signs the game will push me back to the previous board. It's like it doesn't think I'm done with that board. It doesn't happen all the time, but I was wondering if I was missing something.

I have tried to kill more monsters and then leave the board, but that doesn't appear to work either.

Any thoughts?
Old 05-07-2012, 05:09 AM

DevilDark 1.0.2 is out now! This update features mainly tweaks and bug fixes:

-You will now receive confirmation prompts before exiting missions.
-Attacks and skills now trigger immediately when buttons are pressed instead of when they are released
-iPhone 3GS text issues have been resolved
-Most of the graphics have been updated to support iPad 3 retina displays! (Some UI elements are not yet fully high def; they will be upgraded in the next version)
-Dialogue boxes have been adjusted so they won't be cut off or unreadable as often
-Various bug fixes

A future content update with more missions, animated cut scenes, and endless survival mode is being prepared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davegobe View Post
I've noticed that occasionally when I try to leave one board/battle by following the arrow signs the game will push me back to the previous board. It's like it doesn't think I'm done with that board. It doesn't happen all the time, but I was wondering if I was missing something.

I have tried to kill more monsters and then leave the board, but that doesn't appear to work either.
Hey Dave, the signs are generally just posted to show the flow of the zone; they won't change as you make progress. There's also a chance that some of them aren't pointing in the most sensible direction, I'll make sure our testers are keeping their eyes peeled.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:56 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Sounds cool. Might re-download it when new content comes along, but I've moved on for now. Cool little game, but it ended up being too grindy to stick with. Very impressed with the game overall, though. I definitely got my money's worth.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:21 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

...guess I'm late to the party...

Overall I think the game is pretty good. I noticed a lot of people complaining about the ads, they don't bother me too much. As a matter of fact I found the game through one of the ads on Call of Mini: Sniper.

I've been an RPG person most of my life so grinding to level or find better loot doesn't bother me. In fact it actually makes me happy to know that you can find all the IAP throughout the game...although I'm level 40 now and have yet to find the Orphic Basinet. I found the other 4 pieces quite awhile ago and can't seem to find this piece anywhere.

I'd also like to add that the potion shop needs a 50 or 100 potion buy option. I've got to the point where I've got more gold than I need so I don't bother equipping the Royal Armor to farm for potions anymore, I just buy them. Buying tons of potions at 10 max takes awhile, just a suggestion.

One thing that does bother me is the rating system, how is it even figured? I can destroy the Fire Chieftan in one shot with demon slash and I've never managed 3 stars. I can defeat the slime king in as little as 2 hits and beat the final giant in 3 hits with demon slash and again have never seen a 3 star rating.

Edit: Just got to the 100% mark on level 40, any plans to increase the max level as well?

Edit 2: Actually I've just remembered one other thing, no matter what boss, what treasure chest, how many times I play the slots or what enemy I defeat, I have yet to see Warriors Armor show up....so I guess not everything in the IAP can be found. I did however finally get my Orphic Basinet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fire.jpg (56.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Slime.jpg (52.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Giant.jpg (59.6 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Icephr34k; 05-13-2012 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: Additional stuff
Old 05-13-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icephr34k View Post

I'd also like to add that the potion shop needs a 50 or 100 potion buy option. I've got to the point where I've got more gold than I need so I don't bother equipping the Royal Armor to farm for potions anymore, I just buy them. Buying tons of potions at 10 max takes awhile, just a suggestion.

One thing that does bother me is the rating system, how is it even figured? I can destroy the Fire Chieftan in one shot with demon slash and I've never managed 3 stars. I can defeat the slime king in as little as 2 hits and beat the final giant in 3 hits with demon slash and again have never seen a 3 star rating.

Edit: Just got to the 100% mark on level 40, any plans to increase the max level as well?
The rating is not an overall performance rating as such, but rather you have to earn each star separately. There is a time limit star, a kill count star, and a potions used star - these are different for each stage. So when you're killing the chieftain in 14 seconds (wow!) you're missing out on the kill count star.

We are adding more missions in a future content update! There will also be new play modes to help improve replayability.