Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-24-2012, 07:21 PM

Default ZDAY Survival Simulator HD - (by Mongadillo Studios Inc.)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Old 04-24-2012, 09:00 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Not bitter, but an explanation as to why the previous version does not work with IPad 3 and has issues with iPad 1&2 after recent update seems in order to the community. I love the game but am not quite ready to throw another two dollars at a great game I used to be able to play, much less see a HD version hit the app store for a game even questionably needed an HD update, given its text based nature...

Was it an issue with the resolution ofte art assets or something?
Old 04-24-2012, 10:03 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bool Zero View Post
Not bitter, but an explanation as to why the previous version does not work with IPad 3 and has issues with iPad 1&2 after recent update seems in order to the community. I love the game but am not quite ready to throw another two dollars at a great game I used to be able to play, much less see a HD version hit the app store for a game even questionably needed an HD update, given its text based nature...

Was it an issue with the resolution ofte art assets or something?
My sentiments exactly...
Old 04-24-2012, 10:09 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Normally not one to complain about having two versions of the app, one for iPhone and one for iPad. There are lots of reasons why developers do this. What I don't understand is when the app did support the iPad and then it's changed so it doesn't and I have to buy it again for my newer device.
At least make the original version compatible with the new iPad and release a new Retina enabled version as a separate app. I only bought it to play on my iPad and now I feel a little cheated. Anyway, I'm voting with my wallet on this one and just not buying it again.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:25 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default ZDAY HD will be FREE on May 1

I'm the creator of ZDAY Survival Simulator. I understand your questions:

People have asked: "Why are there two versions of ZDAY, but only the HD version works on iPad 3? Why can't you just make one version do all of it?

ANSWER: Because we wanted to be able to accommodate all the people who still have older devices like iPhone 3 and iPod 2G, that are still using iOS 4.2. We cannot create a version that will support both.

Solution: We understand that people who have already purchased the older ZDAY Survival Simulator will feel cheated out of the HD version on their iPad 3, so we will be making a very well advertised "FREE DAY" for ZDAY on May 1st 2012. For 24 hours, you can get ZDAY HD for FREE. After that, we just have to keep on fighting.

Spread the word!
Cheers

Last edited by Mongadillo; 04-24-2012 at 11:27 PM.. Reason: Added a comment
Old 04-24-2012, 11:34 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 8.x

Thanks you, Mongadillo, for letting us know about the free day.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:27 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I can respect that.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:40 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongadillo View Post

People have asked: "Why are there two versions of ZDAY, but only the HD version works on iPad 3? Why can't you just make one version do all of it?

ANSWER: Because we wanted to be able to accommodate all the people who still have older devices like iPhone 3 and iPod 2G, that are still using iOS 4.2. We cannot create a version that will support both.

Solution: We understand that people who have already purchased the older ZDAY Survival Simulator will feel cheated out of the HD version on their iPad 3, so we will be making a very well advertised "FREE DAY" for ZDAY on May 1st 2012. For 24 hours, you can get ZDAY HD for FREE. After that, we just have to keep on fighting.

Spread the word!
Cheers
Thank you! I had bought your game day one, and even garnered a few sales via word of mouth and letting others try the game (to find that they liked it enough to purchase it on their devices), so I don't mean to make it come off as a whiny, entitled gamer! I am not against supporting developers that put out a quality game mind you, but just recently upgrading to an iPad 3 from and iPad 1 (I felt I needed to as performance in newer games seem to be dropping in stability more often with the old pad), it felt odd without at least an explanation to the community.

Thanks for the explanation!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:50 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Amazing game in my iPhone I can tell.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:36 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongadillo View Post

Spread the word!
Cheers
Class move, man.