12-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Yeah this is totally worth the price and free well you have no excuse now. One of my favorites just want more!
12-18-2009, 12:50 AM
how do you get perfect fare?

04-25-2012, 04:56 PM
New HD version on the way

Well our iTunes account tells us that we launched a game called Cabby on November 16th 2009. A month before a little game that became to be known as Angry Birds was released. Although Cabby was incredibly popular, we were so busy with other projects we let it get left behind.

I think it's time we changed that.

I'm happy to let everyone know that we are hard at work at getting Cabby updated to version 2.0

We've made a nice big list of requests and new features that many people have asked us to implement and I hope some other features we always wanted to implement.

For a quick list....

* New universal build
* Retina support - everything up to and including the new iPad
* GameCenter achievements
* Complete asset clean up
* Support for your iPod playlists ingame (listen to what you want)
* MSAA on 3GS and above
* New controls (new bigger buttons and support for accelerometer)
...and lots more

If you're a fan, or old player of Cabby and have some ideas or features you'd like to see, let me know and if it's do-able in this release or a future update - I'll add to my TODO list.

So here's some screenshots to show you how it looks (only 1 level to show at the moment) and hopefully the ETA time on this update is sooner rather than later.

Screenshots
http://blog.hiddengames.co.uk/assets...rlydoors_1.jpg
http://blog.hiddengames.co.uk/assets...rlydoors_2.jpg
http://blog.hiddengames.co.uk/assets...rlydoors_3.jpg

iPad2 + 4xMSAA
http://blog.hiddengames.co.uk/assets...yhd-4xmsaa.png

Hidden Games - The Coder Bloke
Games: AirCadets / Cabby / Prisoner 84 / Firewall
Hidden Games Web | Facebook | Twitter

Last edited by HiddenJ; 04-25-2012 at 06:24 PM.
04-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the bump, this is new to me and looks fun, trying the lite version tonight!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
04-25-2012, 10:08 PM
You've definitely got my attention. Looks like something I'd like.
04-26-2012, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Thanks for the bump, this is new to me and looks fun, trying the lite version tonight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty
You've definitely got my attention. Looks like something I'd like.
Great stuff - obviously we do have to give the Lite version a little update too, which we will do when the full app is finished.

Just remember the new update is going to include much better controls and a whole host of other things to make it look even better...amazing it's two and a half years ago since we wrote version 1.0

04-26-2012, 08:07 AM
Any chance the update will include more levels?
04-26-2012, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clzander View Post
Any chance the update will include more levels?
Ideally we'd like to maybe throw another 5 new levels in there for this update to sweeten the deal even more for people who already have it - but it depends on how the rest of the changes go.

Part of the reason for this initial upgrade is to get back on track with our data pipeline for Cabby so we can get more levels and vehicles created and roll them out in the future.

We'll see how it goes and I'll keep everyone informed if extras like new levels make it into the update.

Last edited by HiddenJ; 04-26-2012 at 10:22 AM.
04-26-2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenJ View Post
Ideally we'd like to maybe throw another 5 new levels in there for this update to sweeten the deal even more for people who already have it - but it depends on how the rest of the changes go.
Awesome. Can't wait to given it another run through with the updates and hopefully new levels.
04-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clzander View Post
Awesome. Can't wait to given it another run through with the updates and hopefully new levels.
I think you'll most certainly enjoy another run through, we're going to add some funky achievements and it just looks so much better on the newer devices.

Actually...in terms of levels, did/do you have a favourite? Do you prefer the levels with all 3 atmospheres ? What about the size and complexity of them ?

Be nice to hear what everyone likes about it and doesn't like about it so we can look at any gameplay and slight level tweaks.