App description: Intense twin-stick shooting action, now with Chain Blast Mode!

Welcome to the world of Ballistic Special Edition, an intense and highly-polished arena-style twin-stick shooter from the creator of Super Crossfire and Fireball SE. Blast your way through an infinite number of Waves, or dive into 5 intense challenges.

* Activate Ballistic Mode to slow down the action and turn your blasters on overdrive!

* Configure your play experience with 10 ship enhancements.

* Marvel at the glorious high-resolution graphics (supports the new iPad Retina Display).

* Keep your progress across multiple devices (seamless iCloud saving).

* Compare your scores with Game Center leaderboards (and achievements).

Reviews for Ballistic SE:

"Ballistic SE is a must buy that grabs you by the seat of your pants and doesnt let go." (4.5/5) - AppTudes

"Ballistic SE is a twin-stick shooter with eye-popping visuals and a thumping soundtrack" (4/5) - 148Apps

"This is a smartly designed and thrilling shooter" (4/5) - Modojo

Echoseven's comments:

04-25-2012, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delusionaltool View Post
holy shit , the music kicks ass, the graphics kick ass, the game kicks ass, only thing i would put in a patch a option to turn off autofire. the best dual stick shooter on ios is geometry wars touch, infinity field and this period.
(and Beat Hazard Ultra... but atm I'm enjoying Ballistic more than all of em!)
04-25-2012, 10:30 PM
Sure feels like I just probably bought the game of the week here.

Great as expected.

btw
Looks like an update for this and Fireball are out now.

Last edited by sladeums; 04-25-2012 at 10:35 PM.

04-26-2012, 12:25 AM
Game Impressions

Bought and played for awhile. Like everything but the controls aren't responsive enough. Maybe I need to use the enhancement for ship speed.
04-26-2012, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCranium666 View Post
Bought and played for awhile. Like everything but the controls aren't responsive enough. Maybe I need to use the enhancement for ship speed.
Tried adjusting right stick sensitivity in options?

The default ship speed is quite slow, but gets a HUGE boost after picking that upgrade so, ramming into enemies is now a possibility!
04-26-2012, 06:01 AM
Well, I've tried everything to get this game to work but it never gets past the title screen. I tried restarting my iPod, deleting the app and reloading it etc...

This usually never happens.. First time a game has never worked...

I'm playing on ipod touch 4th gen iOS 4.3 have room and everything, I was reAlly looking forward to playing this...just wondering how do I go about figuring out how to get it to work?
04-26-2012, 06:04 AM
@RCranium666
Try fiddling w/ the options until you find something you'd like.

Controls are one of the big reasons I dig Radiangames stuff.
I have not played any other title that controls as silky smooth as their stuff.

'Not responsive' would be the absolute last thing I'd expect to ever hear in relation to their games.
04-26-2012, 06:33 AM
Anything from Radiangames is an instant purchase for me. It doesn't disappoint either. Looks beautiful and plays really smoothly too.
04-26-2012, 06:48 AM
Speaking of controls, does this give the option to swap "sticks", i.e. aim on left, move on right? As a left-hander I'm kind of hardwired to want to do that.
04-26-2012, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeckledJim View Post
Speaking of controls, does this give the option to swap "sticks", i.e. aim on left, move on right? As a left-hander I'm kind of hardwired to want to do that.
Yes they are swappable; and both sticks and the Ballistic button can all be repositioned; and both sticks have independent sensitivity settings.
04-26-2012, 07:07 AM
So is this really that GG, top notch worthy? Reason I ask is, I am fairly naive to a lot of these games, even infinity field. I had no idea what it was, till I saw people post it multiple times. And figured to bite that. Which is pretty great so far. [I also love beat hazard ultra]. Having bought a lot of games, you tend to get more and more wary on what you spend your money on. And I can see why people limit themselves every month, it starts to really add up. It almost feels like when you feel guilty after eating sweets lol! For those who have been playing it for a while now, do you feel it gets boring seeing similar circles over and over? And one other thing I haven't seen much of is, how are the variations in weaponry? Thanks for your input guys