App description: Spellsword is a retro-inspired Hack N Slash survival based iOS game presented by Everplay and FireFruitForge. Spellsword follows the path of an unlikely hero as he quests to unleash the power of his newly found Spellsword. The player will fight in a variety of arenas to unlock new items and spell cards.

60 Missions
9 Endless Arenas with High Score Leaderboards through GameCenter
RPG elements and upgrades
Retro Inspired Graphics and Gameplay
Hats, Amulets, and Rings, oh my!
Universal 1 Purchase for all your devices.
iCade Enabled

***Press Reviews***

TUAW - "Spellsword is an amazing game."
148Apps -"Spellsword might be the best..."
AppAdvice -"Insanely Addictive!"
Modojo -"Beautiful, frantic, addictive..."
AppSpy -"Wonderful..."

Spellsword imbues classic platforming fun with intense action, light comedy, and endless gameplay thats a perfect fit for mobile gamers.

Sanuku's comments:

04-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Out now in US!
04-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Loved Muffin Knight and SCB. Played both like crazy. This game is right up there. Awesome upgrade system, and it's nice to see there are levels too. Only game I've bought so far tonight. Might end up enjoying this more than MvC2.

Edit: Not to mention all the equips to collect.

Twitter: @back2this

Last edited by backtothis; 04-25-2012 at 10:41 PM.

04-25-2012, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everplay View Post
Sorry, controls are not adjustable. What kind of variations would you like to see? We are currently adding updates and can probably fit that in.
I don't see a way to mute the music but keep the sound effects. Any plans to add this option? It'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
04-25-2012, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Well, that's what I've been saying as well for quite some time. It's only common sense. I do think the situation seems to be getting a little better lately though. But it still amazes me when a developer reveals themselves to be oblivious to the necessity.
everything is a 'necessity' to someone, ANYMORE. (ha!) I can't stand it that developers use color combinations that color blind people can't distinguish, but realize that unless the developer is color blind too, its probably not even on their radar. i never though of adjustable control placement as a necessity in any game, nice feature, but hardly anything i've ever cared about. obviously though that doesn't lessen its importance to you does it, visa vi me and colors...

anywho, can't figure out this game yet from the trailers, smells like muffin knight, a genre that bores me to tears in seconds, so not rushing for this one just yet.
04-25-2012, 10:48 PM
Everplay, would you kindly tell me if you guys played much Bioshock?

ID on GameCenter: Joshnsuch

Mention you're from TA if you send a request. This would please me.
04-25-2012, 11:02 PM
great game, if it does really well you will update terra noctis?
should have a more games button from this developer with a discription and and link to terra noctis to try and push more sales to the hidden gem...
04-25-2012, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshnsuch View Post
Everplay, would you kindly tell me if you guys played much Bioshock?

Hah! 'Would you kindly' leave us a 5 star review if we said its one of our faves?
04-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramon31 View Post
great game, if it does really well you will update terra noctis?
should have a more games button from this developer with a discription and and link to terra noctis to try and push more sales to the hidden gem...
An update has been submitted for free version and the paid version under BulkyPix. Since its a different publisher on that, it is all I can say. But one has been submitted, I can promise that.
04-25-2012, 11:51 PM
You bet! Bioshock was without a doubt one of my favorite games of all time.

Been getting at Spellsword for the past hour and really digging it. Controls are tight and there is a good sense of progression while leveling spells. The equipment is interesting and all of the spells have their uses (for the ones I've discovered so far).

Sometimes there is a little hang-up on the ledges, but nothing that has hindered my gameplay at all. Rather, you just need to jump and it fixes.

Controls are super tight and work flawlessly for me, so far.

Without a doubt worth a buck and an effortless recommendation, at that.

5 stars on the app store, easy.

ID on GameCenter: Joshnsuch

Mention you're from TA if you send a request. This would please me.

Last edited by Joshnsuch; 04-26-2012 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Life
04-26-2012, 12:18 AM
Wow, just played an hour of this without even realizing it! Time flies by when you're having fun I guess. Geez, Spellsword is freaking addicting as hell!

Got 2260 rupees in one hour.... Mission 12 is goddamn hard, lol. Maybe it was because I was too busy playing without noticing that I should stop to upgrade my stuff. 5/5 easily.