Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-14-2012, 08:45 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddysCreations View Post
Dammit, was just about to write the news here and you guys were so much faster And to confirm - yes, update was sent today

Visit our site to check out few screenshots of upcoming update:
http://www.neuroshimahex.com/1006/mu...fort-approval/

Oh, and spread the word if you may
The screenshots look absolutely stunning, and the feature list even more so! Visually, you might just have created one of the most slick and polished multplayer interfaces yet.

Three quickies:
  • Will the push notifications bring us directly into the pushed match? (This is something most async games get right, but the few that do not quickly become tiresome.)
  • Will there be a button/interface that alerts us of turns in other matches, and allows us to jump to games with active turns? (A power feature, less essential than most, but very convenient once we start juggling ten different games at once )
  • Will we be allowed to remain in-game after a submitted turn, and essentially play the game as a real-time multiplayer game, should we choose to? (Something the vast majority of async games get right, but just occasionally, a developer decides that, for some reason I've never had explained to me, the player should be booted to the main menu after her or his turn.)
I foresee Neuroshima Hex quickly climbing to the very top of my favourite async games

Last edited by Ayjona; 05-14-2012 at 08:48 AM..
Old 05-14-2012, 09:02 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Can't wait!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:11 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Dammit, was just about to write the news here and you guys were so much faster And to confirm - yes, update was sent today

Visit our site to check out few screenshots of upcoming update:
http://www.neuroshimahex.com/1006/mu...fort-approval/

Oh, and spread the word if you may
A blessing to hear and see. An update a lot of us have been anticipating for quite some time too. I can't wait for it's release, thank you!

With that said...I hope we will be seeing more expansion factions in upcoming iap updates?
Old 05-14-2012, 09:34 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Very excited for this update!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:45 AM
iPhone 5

any new teams coming as IAP? nice to see so many addition...

and, can we set up team base matches?
Old 05-14-2012, 09:59 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

GodSon & kitkeat, new armies will be available with another update, we already started to work on these.
As for the team mode, this is not yet available, but this is something we really want to add and eventually will.

Ayjona, push notifications will log you in and you'll just have to press 'Play' We didn't add this feature with showing which game is your move in, but will think about something like that in the future (it's tricky with our current implementation though). And yes, Neuroshima Hex multiplayer allows you to stay online and play synchronously or log out and be notified asynchronously.

Last edited by BigDaddysCreations; 05-14-2012 at 10:02 AM..
Old 05-14-2012, 10:28 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
GodSon & kitkeat, new armies will be available with another update, we already started to work on these.
As for the team mode, this is not yet available, but this is something we really want to add and eventually will.

Ayjona, push notifications will log you in and you'll just have to press 'Play' We didn't add this feature with showing which game is your move in, but will think about something like that in the future (it's tricky with our current implementation though). And yes, Neuroshima Hex multiplayer allows you to stay online and play synchronously or log out and be notified asynchronously.
Thanks for the fast response and clarifying the push notifications further. This is still one of my favorite iOS games to date, so I'm stoked about more factions (the more the merrier in fact) and modes for multiplayer. Between this upcoming update and the recent Ascension update, I'm a very satisfied iGamer.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:38 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Two out of three really ain't bad And it doesn't hurt that those two were the most important So the push notifications will bring me directly into the match? If so (and really, even more so if not), I wouldn't mind you skipped the "Play" button altogether in the future, and just dealt us the tiles and started our turn. Basically, the quicker the push notifications allows us to do our turn, the better. (As always, look to Carcassonne for an example of how it should be done )

Really excited for new armies and team mode. The async community will be ALL over Neuroshima now
Old 05-14-2012, 10:45 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Yes! I have been waiting for asynchronous multiplayer on this game for the longest time! Looking forward to playing with you guys especially kitkeat!

And I am all down for the new armies!
Old 05-14-2012, 03:19 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

As for the new armies we also would like to add that Steel Police will also be coming with one of teh future updates.