★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
06-11-2011, 01:48 PM
#71
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: With Carmen Sandiego
Posts: 877
Ive just played through this on ipad2, and gotta say, really well worth it. excellent art style, nice mix of puzzles and hidden object. I hear that they made a sequel, here's hoping it gets put on the appstore

Game Centre I.D - Scarypharaoh
06-11-2011, 05:59 PM
#72
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Italy
Posts: 2,416
I wonder why it's a iPad only release. I would love to play it on my iPhone (along with many other iPad only Bigfish games).

06-12-2011, 01:55 AM
#73
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Morestel, France
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
I wonder why it's a iPad only release. I would love to play it on my iPhone (along with many other iPad only Bigfish games).
I'm not working for BFG, but I have few of my PC games released on their portals (Anka, FashionRush, TropicalMania...). Most recent PC games are created at a native resolution of 1024x768, and that is exactly the screen resolution of the iPad. So, porting a game from PC to iPad, is "easy". The iPhone as a different aspect ratio: the screen resolution is (for retina display) 960x640 witch is much smaller than the original 1024x768 (and even if you scale it up, you'll need black bars or you'll have to distord the screen). Also, most BFG games requiered to look for tiny object, witch make them extremely hard to play on iPhone. You can solve this problem by adding a "zoom" command in the game but most of the time, that isn't really nice to play (and add a huge amount of work for the devs).

So, this is why most game will only show up on iPad. Sorry if this post was a bit too "technical" the short version would be: it is easy to port on iPad, it is hard on iPhone.

JC
06-12-2011, 02:26 AM
#74
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Italy
Posts: 2,416
Thank you for the reply.
I knew those technical problems but I would argue that BFG ported many other games nonetheless and the iPhone market is 5 times more the iPad one so I wondered why, especially considering Draw is (for me) one of the best.
I still hope though.
06-12-2011, 02:38 AM
#75
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: With Carmen Sandiego
Posts: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
Thank you for the reply.
I knew those technical problems but I would argue that BFG ported many other games nonetheless and the iPhone market is 5 times more the iPad one so I wondered why, especially considering Draw is (for me) one of the best.
I still hope though.
surely you could pick up an ipad1 for cheap on ebay nowadays?
I am really enjoying adventure games on the ipad. I'm currently playing sam and max hit the road in idos and it is glorious!
(devil on your shoulder?)

Game Centre I.D - Scarypharaoh
06-12-2011, 05:15 AM
#76
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Italy
Posts: 2,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarypharaoh View Post
surely you could pick up an ipad1 for cheap on ebay nowadays?
I am really enjoying adventure games on the ipad. I'm currently playing sam and max hit the road in idos and it is glorious!
(devil on your shoulder?)
I know, I had one (now sold) but I prefer use my iPhone.
I could play Draw on a PC (I finished there the demo) but still, I would prefer it on my iPhone for a number of various personal reasons.
Still hoping...though I saw that BFG exclusive iPad releases are more frequent now, probably a decision made on top of the already spoken technical efforts, or they simply have a more willing iPad user base...
04-21-2012, 10:32 AM
#77
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,867
Anyone play this on a new iPad (3rd gen) yet? Does it display properly? I assume it hasn't been made retina-ready, but how blurry does it appear and does it run at all?
04-22-2012, 02:30 PM
#78
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 29
anybody having problems with gamecenter achievments not showing up? they showed up in the demo+iap version, but they dont register on the full version.
04-23-2012, 07:03 PM
#79
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
Anyone play this on a new iPad (3rd gen) yet? Does it display properly? I assume it hasn't been made retina-ready, but how blurry does it appear and does it run at all?
Drawn: The Painted Tower HD does display and run properly on the ipad3
04-26-2012, 02:31 PM
#80
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrantik13 View Post
anybody having problems with gamecenter achievments not showing up? they showed up in the demo+iap version, but they dont register on the full version.
nobody?