App description: "The magical world it pulls you into is strangely compelling, and you won't want to leave until you've fully explored every inch of the tower and helped Iris escape. Gamezebo 4.5/5

Enter the world of Drawn, the newest adventure from Big Fish Games Studios!

Unravel the secrets of the Painted Tower in your quest to save Iris from a dreadful fate. A terrible curse has locked each floor of the tower, and you must overcome challenging puzzles to reach the top. Fantastic characters await you on your journey through the lush painted worlds of the Painted Tower, but are they friend or foe? Only time will tell. Beware, as darkness is quickly approaching the tower. Can you save Iris in time?

Features

Explore 70+ screens on your magical journey through the Painted Tower
Original music score composed specifically for each area of the Tower
Overcome dozens of elaborate environmental puzzles that block your way
Enter lush paintings and meet fantastic characters in magical worlds
Integrated Game Center Achievements
Gestural navigation
Localized in Spanish, French, German, and Japanese

"Stunning graphics and music" 4 out of 4 Must Have - Slide to Play

I might not have heard of it before, but now Im drooling. Kotaku

Drawn: The Painted Tower, a charming game with an enigmatic setting, a game of haunting beauty that defies easy description a game that does not easily fit into the convenient pigeonhole of either Adventure or Casual. This game is in a class of its own. it is poetry. Just Adventure

it is unlikely that any gamer will be disappointed by this wonderful little game. Adventure Classic Gaming

Discover more from Big Fish Games!

Were big believers that everyone is a gamer at heart and that games are a great source of joy and relaxation. Founded in 2002, Big Fish Games is a developer, publisher and distributor of casual games. We offer a virtually endless selection of interactive games that you can enjoy anytime, anywhere on your PC, Mac, mobile phone, or tablet. Renowned for offering A New Game Every Day! on www.bigfishgames.com, Big Fish Games distributes more than two million games per day worldwide.

We have many other great iPad games including:
The Serpent of Isis HD
A Witchs Curse: Princess Isabella HD
Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret HD
Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors HD
PuppetShow: Mystery in Joyville HD
Awakening: The Dreamless Castle HD
Ancient Spirits: Columbus' Legacy HD
Amazon: Hidden Expedition

You can always find an updated list at www.bigfishgames.com!

Try out Big Fish Games' iSplash! newsletter and never miss a sale or new game again! Sign up at: http://bigfi.sh/isplash

Follow us on Twitter: http://bigfi.sh/BigFishTwitter

Become a fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BigFishGamesMobile

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

06-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Ive just played through this on ipad2, and gotta say, really well worth it. excellent art style, nice mix of puzzles and hidden object. I hear that they made a sequel, here's hoping it gets put on the appstore

Game Centre I.D - Scarypharaoh
06-11-2011, 05:59 PM
I wonder why it's a iPad only release. I would love to play it on my iPhone (along with many other iPad only Bigfish games).

06-12-2011, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
I wonder why it's a iPad only release. I would love to play it on my iPhone (along with many other iPad only Bigfish games).
I'm not working for BFG, but I have few of my PC games released on their portals (Anka, FashionRush, TropicalMania...). Most recent PC games are created at a native resolution of 1024x768, and that is exactly the screen resolution of the iPad. So, porting a game from PC to iPad, is "easy". The iPhone as a different aspect ratio: the screen resolution is (for retina display) 960x640 witch is much smaller than the original 1024x768 (and even if you scale it up, you'll need black bars or you'll have to distord the screen). Also, most BFG games requiered to look for tiny object, witch make them extremely hard to play on iPhone. You can solve this problem by adding a "zoom" command in the game but most of the time, that isn't really nice to play (and add a huge amount of work for the devs).

So, this is why most game will only show up on iPad. Sorry if this post was a bit too "technical" the short version would be: it is easy to port on iPad, it is hard on iPhone.

JC
06-12-2011, 02:26 AM
Thank you for the reply.
I knew those technical problems but I would argue that BFG ported many other games nonetheless and the iPhone market is 5 times more the iPad one so I wondered why, especially considering Draw is (for me) one of the best.
I still hope though.
06-12-2011, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
Thank you for the reply.
I knew those technical problems but I would argue that BFG ported many other games nonetheless and the iPhone market is 5 times more the iPad one so I wondered why, especially considering Draw is (for me) one of the best.
I still hope though.
surely you could pick up an ipad1 for cheap on ebay nowadays?
I am really enjoying adventure games on the ipad. I'm currently playing sam and max hit the road in idos and it is glorious!
(devil on your shoulder?)

Game Centre I.D - Scarypharaoh
06-12-2011, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarypharaoh View Post
surely you could pick up an ipad1 for cheap on ebay nowadays?
I am really enjoying adventure games on the ipad. I'm currently playing sam and max hit the road in idos and it is glorious!
(devil on your shoulder?)
I know, I had one (now sold) but I prefer use my iPhone.
I could play Draw on a PC (I finished there the demo) but still, I would prefer it on my iPhone for a number of various personal reasons.
Still hoping...though I saw that BFG exclusive iPad releases are more frequent now, probably a decision made on top of the already spoken technical efforts, or they simply have a more willing iPad user base...
04-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Anyone play this on a new iPad (3rd gen) yet? Does it display properly? I assume it hasn't been made retina-ready, but how blurry does it appear and does it run at all?
04-22-2012, 02:30 PM
anybody having problems with gamecenter achievments not showing up? they showed up in the demo+iap version, but they dont register on the full version.
04-23-2012, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
Anyone play this on a new iPad (3rd gen) yet? Does it display properly? I assume it hasn't been made retina-ready, but how blurry does it appear and does it run at all?
Drawn: The Painted Tower HD does display and run properly on the ipad3
04-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrantik13 View Post
anybody having problems with gamecenter achievments not showing up? they showed up in the demo+iap version, but they dont register on the full version.
nobody?