Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy View Post
I presume someone logged the bug on the new level where the blue 'flags' don't appear at the end of the map?
Sorry for that, it will be fixed with the next update.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:49 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Is there a bug where some of the Treants don't award any coins when killed? I seemed to experience that, don't know if it's by design or not.

Great update overall. Thanks for this added content!
Old 04-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yacoub View Post
Is there a bug where some of the Treants don't award any coins when killed? I seemed to experience that, don't know if it's by design or not.

Great update overall. Thanks for this added content!
In the last level there are many enemies that won't give you money. Treants that spawn randomly from the ground, skeletons, Husks and Swamp Thing that spawn from the swamp.

A new update was recently approved with many bug fixes: Magnus can reach lvl 10, wave timer is back, stage 15 flying waves icons and stage 15 music.

The missing flag will be fixed with next update.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:37 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Swamp Thingses are decidedly undelightful. That final wave of Swamp Thingii on iron on the new level is not playing nice with my refusal to use barracks. I shall persevere, however. I have managed to clear every level in the game without barracks (other than that one level where they are required) and I'm not going to let a little thing like eleventy-bajillion Swamp Thingum ruin it for me.

Having fun with the update. Looking forward to the endless mode.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:05 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Picked up the game and tried playing the first level...

It seems a little odd that all three buttons on the top left are essentially pause buttons

I also didn't like being booted from the game when I tried to view the strategy guide, I returned to the game and it crashed immediately so I had to start over :/
Old 04-27-2012, 12:43 AM

Default endless mode please!

love the new update. i beat the new stage my 2nd try. now i'm having trouble with the bonus modes.... very difficult. but tons of fun trying different strategies. each time i slowly progress farther... keep up the great work!
Old 04-27-2012, 01:56 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiHubb View Post
I don't like the IAP though, never liked being squeezed for more money but still an excellent value for the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
Hmm what IAP? Am I missing something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiHubb View Post
3 of the heroes are free, the other 3 can be purchased for $1 each. And I also see no timer notification for the next wave on my iPad 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnycache View Post
What a great update. It's really good to see IAP implemented so nicely and unobtrusively like this. Completely discretionary, fun and worthwhile.
It needs URGENTLY some more explanations about those "In-App Purchases" for real money! Do you need them for being able to progress? Are ALL the puzzles (levels) solvable without them? Do you need much grinding without IAPs? What are they? Consumables?

Devs should definitively put CLEAR explanations in the main app description. Especially in complex strategy games. A lot of customers simply SKIP games with IAPs (and when the IAPs are not explained at all like here) because there are enough games without IAPs (straight full versions).

IAPs have a TERRIBLE reputation in the iOS App Store!!! Several former good games have been completely ruined by those IAPs.

Last edited by Habakuk; 04-27-2012 at 02:36 AM..
Old 04-27-2012, 03:42 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

well the heroes are new to the last update. i beat the entire game (before the update) without them, so they're not required. as for grinding, there really isn't any. if you beat each level without letting a single enemy through, u get 3 stars, the stars u gain can be used to power up your defenses. there is also 2 other modes on each map, that can net u an extra 2 stars, so you get 5 stars per level max. you can change how you allocated your stars at anytime so no worries on wasting them. Everyone should buy the IAP so that Ironhide games makes some more money! One of the best Ipad games for sure!!
Old 04-27-2012, 03:56 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

@Ironhide - can you guys make heroes a bit bigger please? It's really hard sometimes to select them in the heat of the battle.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:54 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraetorianX View Post
@Ironhide - can you guys make heroes a bit bigger please? It's really hard sometimes to select them in the heat of the battle.
You can click their portrait in the top left instead.

I actually didn't find the heroes all that useful so far, I've just tried them on the last level as I completed everything with 5 stars previously.

And the IAP is definitely optional, I completed the game without heroes (I actually doubt their usefulness altogether) and there is zero grinding involved. Easily The best tower defense game on iOS and actually one of the best games on iOS in general. If someone has any doubts, don't hesitate any longer. Just click on Buy.