Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

View Poll Results: What would you like to see first / is most important for the next Hero Mages update?
Asnchronous multiplayer 27 35.53%
Full singleplayer (story driven) campaign 36 47.37%
Expansion content support / player-reward system / bonus content 13 17.11%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2012, 05:45 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

You guys ready for some big news?

Hero Mages: The Board Game
http://www.gamesalute.com/?p=27537
Old 04-26-2012, 06:17 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Totally cool!

Be sure to head over to BoardGameGeek to create an entry if you have t done so yet!
Old 04-26-2012, 06:18 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Yes! I read about it on your Twitter feed - congrats! I'm sure it's a dream come true

Cheers!
Old 05-04-2012, 12:47 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

FYI- I've taken the first step towards async multiplayer and successfully got the game to write game records to database. Next step will be retrieving a users game list and the ability to reload games in progress.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Banned

Ross, I asked a question earlier up that it seems you did not reply to. I was wondering if, in the mode where you are just playing as the mages without the companions, if you could change it so that you can have more than one summon active at a time. That would go a long way toward giving this game that Chaos feel that it already does a pretty good job of.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:00 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiccan View Post
Ross, I asked a question earlier up that it seems you did not reply to. I was wondering if, in the mode where you are just playing as the mages without the companions, if you could change it so that you can have more than one summon active at a time. That would go a long way toward giving this game that Chaos feel that it already does a pretty good job of.
Sorry I missed your question, twiccan! Ok, so interesting point you have here. This may be a possibility in the future (once I incorporate character customizations) but in the meantime adding the ability to summon multiple creatures for other mages would detract from the Summoner's primary special ability: the power to have an army of creatures on the board.

I apologize as she is not yet available as a playable character for iOS, but rest assured she is coming soon. Based on your request, I can tell she will easily be your favorite mage: http://www.heromages.com/gameInfo/he....html#summoner
Old 05-04-2012, 02:24 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossD20Studios View Post
Sorry I missed your question, twiccan! Ok, so interesting point you have here. This may be a possibility in the future (once I incorporate character customizations) but in the meantime adding the ability to summon multiple creatures for other mages would detract from the Summoner's primary special ability: the power to have an army of creatures on the board.

I apologize as she is not yet available as a playable character for iOS, but rest assured she is coming soon. Based on your request, I can tell she will easily be your favorite mage: http://www.heromages.com/gameInfo/he....html#summoner
How soon aprx? :P
Old 05-04-2012, 02:44 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazvanGNR View Post
How soon aprx? :P
I could probably code the In-App purchases in a solid day with the ANE's, but I'm tinkering with the async multiplayer at the moment since that's been such a huge request. Was planning for major upgrade with some bug fixes, local play option, In-apps, and async multiplayer all rolled into v1.8. This might all take a month (assuming I can get some solid time to program) plus another week or so to make it through Apple review.

I'll keep you updated on my progress her on Touch Arcade as I get pieces complete. As stated above, first step towards async is done: storing game state in database. Next goal: retrieve game list and load em' up.

I've been tinkering with Hero Academy to get a feel for how the interface works. They have some solid mechanics: the 5 actions a turn and ability to undo actions is pretty sweet. I don't think this would work for Hero Mages tho because of the dice rolls (hence why I originally thought I'd do a new take on the game for async play). What I'll prob do is let players play async the same way they play live games, with the exception of two player vs. (for the first async update) and the ability to see the opponents last move animate when you rejoin the game.

One thing I found missing in Hero Academy is that you can't actually play synchronously. My brother and I tried playing a head to head game in the room together and found that we had to wait for push notifications to go through (or pop out and pop back in game) to see the update. Plus, you have to wait for the opponent's animations to take place instead of seeing them synchronously (inherent in the design of being submitting moves in blocks of 5 instead of 1 at a time).

For Hero Mages, I think it would be cool to have the option to play async with the option to "go live" if your opponent happens to be online and wants to join in. This way you could see moves being made as opponent makes them and enjoy realtime play. This might help stimulate the community more to see a higher count of active games.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossD20Studios View Post

Ah, sweet! So I will just be able to play with all Summoners and then it will be alot more like Chaos. Awesome, I can't wait for those IAPs!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiccan View Post
Ah, sweet! So I will just be able to play with all Summoners and then it will be alot more like Chaos. Awesome, I can't wait for those IAPs!!!
Same here the IAP's are the main thing I'm waiting for.