Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 04-26-2012, 07:27 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Pretty much as asking for Mario on xbox not quite but almost...

Apple and Nintendo are competitors both trying to open up the gaming world to everyone meaning casuals... Except that isn't exactly nintends plan anymore now there on phase 2, Wii U, go hardcore while maintaining some casual friendly stuff. On the other hand excpect Sony &microsoft to expand it's casual Ideals(it's not a definite but maybe I guess)

Apple will be vying for a spot on the console market...they already have the controller (iPad) and the screen (apple tv) all they have to do is gear they're plans in that direction. Kind of like real racing 2...think of that as apple's Mario, only because it has utilized the iPad appleTV connection the bEst...

Sounds famiar right, a smaller screen for a controller and then a bigger screen.

On topic, that will not happen ever unless they merge or form an alliance or sumthing I dunno....

Last edited by Darth Ronfar; 04-26-2012 at 07:30 PM..
Old 04-27-2012, 01:22 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I can't see this happening in the immediate future. But they have just posted a huge loss for the last financial year. Now if the Wii U bombs when it's released and I'm talking Dreamcast levels here, maybe they might go the way of Sega and go software only. But that is going have to be a very big If.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:06 PM

Default Games

True enough, they certainly had basically cornered the market for handle held games. You would think that they would be pretty good at that. However I doubt we will see anything for them, at least for a while. They make more money selling their handles like the DS then they would making apps.