Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 04-26-2012, 01:19 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Newbie here

Hi all,

He you don't mind me joining in. I've been playing this game for a few weeks now and just got to the second island. Got to admit its sooooo addictive. It's the last thing I do at night and the first thing I do when I get up in the morning.

As I've said I've just got to the first island, bit daunting as you only take money with you and you have to start from scratch, no problem with that but the new things you build takes hours rather than minutes like the first island. My problem is that it won't let mego back to the first island. I've even got a quest to go back but when I go to the maps page it won't let me click on the island.

Does anyone know if I need to have certain things build or something to go back, it's driving me mad!

Any help would be appreciated and if I can help anyone at all I will.

Cheers
Old 04-26-2012, 01:29 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishmad View Post
Hi all,

He you don't mind me joining in. I've been playing this game for a few weeks now and just got to the second island. Got to admit its sooooo addictive. It's the last thing I do at night and the first thing I do when I get up in the morning.

As I've said I've just got to the first island, bit daunting as you only take money with you and you have to start from scratch, no problem with that but the new things you build takes hours rather than minutes like the first island. My problem is that it won't let mego back to the first island. I've even got a quest to go back but when I go to the maps page it won't let me click on the island.

Does anyone know if I need to have certain things build or something to go back, it's driving me mad!

Any help would be appreciated and if I can help anyone at all I will.

Cheers
Hi there, it's good to have new people joining in!!

I see a couple of other people on here today have been having the same problem as you and someone has suggested re-booting? Personally I haven't ever had any problems switching between islands and I have all 3 now.

Perhaps it's worth sending an email to the developers?

Good luck and hope you get it sorted ASAP as its a great, and very addictive game!
Old 04-26-2012, 02:00 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I did email the developers earlier but they are never quick to reply that sway I asked you guys, and reading the threads it nice to join the Tribez 'community'

I've just started the pig farm, it maybe that I have to have that first. I did (as others have done :-|) clear the ground and therefore used up my food and lost all the things that come from the chest too. I'm going to build some more warehouses as soon as i can.

I'll try rebooting ow and see if it works.

Thanks
Old 04-26-2012, 02:25 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Rebooting the iPad worked, thank you.

Anything I can help you with please let me know
Old 04-26-2012, 03:42 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishmad View Post
Rebooting the iPad worked, thank you.

Anything I can help you with please let me know
Sweet! Glad the rebooting helped. It's amazing how many app issues are fixed with a reboot.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:21 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Have started from scratch

Hi everyone,

As the title suggests, sadly I deleted the app and started all over again
Wasn't easy to go from nearly lvl 23 to 0 but wasnt prepared to buy all those gems either......feel like the real newbie now

Hopefully this time round more wiser with my game play?

Welcome to the new posters....really great to see more coming on board and catching up with all your news.

I hope Rothgarr's suggestion to reboot your iPads has worked for all of you now?
It really does help alright...another thing is to restart or reboot the app (this also works).

Thanks for that big piece of advise Jazbo.....see that will teach you not to be in such a rush.....funny thing, before I deleted my app, I installed the app on hubby's iPad, did a bit of building then deleted it app then reinstalled it with the hope that it would save my data as Dragonvale does...(nope) it did save my achievements and ranking in GC.

But my lightbulb moment came whilst mucking around with clearing.......
I realized that any fruit, wood supplies from the apple trees just went into thin air if the storehouse was already full....which as you all know it doesn't initially hold much anyway...

The second thing was not to be too quick to upgrade, build new stuff but to wait for the quest asking me to do so....this way I dont intially end up with more than maybe needed...(not talking huts, houses...as three of each
is max)

@ Jazbo, thanks for the screen shots....wow very impressive and stuff Ii haven't yet seen....so much to look forward to as I progress. Made me nervous to see how close you had stuff by your plane crash?

I still can't explain how just placing my Dino Lair to the back of this site and hitting the green okay tick could make my plane dissappear into thin air then???

Anyway, as usual this is another long post from me
Sorry bout that

Last edited by girlpower; 04-27-2012 at 09:08 AM..
Old 04-27-2012, 08:28 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Bummer that you had to start the game over, GP, but in the long run it's probably for the best.

Does anyone know if there's a way to "cancel" an order? For example, there have been times where I accidentally told a little dude to chop down a huge tree when I didn't really mean to. I wish there was a way to cancel my order.

Or at least a way to replant the giant trees... like if one of the crops you could grow were some sort of seedlings...
Old 04-27-2012, 09:04 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothgarr View Post
Bummer that you had to start the game over, GP, but in the long run it's probably for the best.

Does anyone know if there's a way to "cancel" an order? For example, there have been times where I accidentally told a little dude to chop down a huge tree when I didn't really mean to. I wish there was a way to cancel my order.

Or at least a way to replant the giant trees... like if one of the crops you could grow were some sort of seedlings...
Thanks Rothgarr
Now that it's done, I am moving forward with renewed vigor and enjoying my journey.....fingers crossed this crashed plane isn't a Houdini

That's a good point about incorporating a cancel deletion button...and a great idea about growing tree seedlings....a suggestion would be that you could always send an email to the TribeZ game support with your ideas?

What level are you on now? I am currently lvl 13....hehe, do you remember back that far?
Old 04-27-2012, 10:49 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I just hit level 34. I'm about an hour from starting my main building upgrade to level 8 on island 2 so that I can start accumulating marble. I think that's when it'll let me go to the third island. So I estimate I'll be hitting island 3 before the weekend is over...

I'm close to 550k in both xp and coins...

I wish there was some sort of online multiplayer gameplay element similar to that game Fleck Touch (another game that had me so incredibly sucked in).
Old 04-27-2012, 03:42 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Do you guy generally buy the coins and diamonds? I've got this far without buying but this second island is proving really slow.