Support our Sponsors:
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-26-2012, 10:59 PM
metalbean metalbean is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 46
Default about app submission

Hi,

Here's a newbie question. After submission and approval, is it possible to pull it out and not publish? Any repercussion?

2nd question, is it possible to submit an update before the current version is published. Say I have ver1 approved and scheduled for launch in June. Can I, before ver1 go public, submit ver2 for approval?

Thanks~
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-26-2012, 11:55 PM
IntrinsicGames's Avatar
IntrinsicGames IntrinsicGames is offline
Developer
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbean View Post
Hi,

Here's a newbie question. After submission and approval, is it possible to pull it out and not publish? Any repercussion?
Yup, it's possible, but I don't know what the repercussions would be. We've pulled a previously approved update to an app, but we resubmitted and explained why we pulled it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbean View Post
2nd question, is it possible to submit an update before the current version is published. Say I have ver1 approved and scheduled for launch in June. Can I, before ver1 go public, submit ver2 for approval?
I believe this is possible, but it's a bit difficult to pull off.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-27-2012, 03:57 AM
binaryhelix's Avatar
binaryhelix binaryhelix is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbean View Post
Hi,

Here's a newbie question. After submission and approval, is it possible to pull it out and not publish? Any repercussion?
When you first submit, you have the option whether you want it to go live immediately (if it's past the availability date) or wait for further approval from you. Don't make it available immediately.

Also, you could just set the availability date into next year and keep advancing it. Apple doesn't care, you're paying them $99 a year regardless.

We had a free version and I wanted to test if taking it off the market would improve sales of the full version, so even though it was already launched, I just changed the availability date into the future. This took it off the app store. When I wanted it back, I changed the availability date to today.

Quote:
2nd question, is it possible to submit an update before the current version is published. Say I have ver1 approved and scheduled for launch in June. Can I, before ver1 go public, submit ver2 for approval?

Thanks~
Yes. This is easy, just set your availability date later (like June or later). Submit version two for approval, get it approved, then change the availability date again. You get new promo codes with each approval, so you could do this and send out promo codes to review sites in advance. You could even send the promo codes to beta testers if you don't mind the roughly 1-week approval wait each time.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-27-2012, 06:06 PM
metalbean metalbean is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 46
Default

IntrinsicGames and BinaryHelix

This is really what I needed to know, thanks alot!
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent