Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-12-2012, 05:37 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Hi Seon. First off all thanks for this great game, I really enjoy it. Unfortunately the last (1.06) update ruined the game. After launching it crashes within 30 seconds. I rebooted my iPad, shut down the game via the task manager, but it keeps crashing. I am using the 3rd gen iPad with the latest iOS. Just wanted to let you know, I am sure it gets fixed real quick (as you always do). If you need any additional details please let me know :-)
Old 04-12-2012, 05:40 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeaveXL View Post
Hi Seon. First off all thanks for this great game, I really enjoy it. Unfortunately the last (1.06) update ruined the game. After launching it crashes within 30 seconds. I rebooted my iPad, shut down the game via the task manager, but it keeps crashing. I am using the 3rd gen iPad with the latest iOS. Just wanted to let you know, I am sure it gets fixed real quick (as you always do). If you need any additional details please let me know :-)
My web serve on Dreamhost is down and that could be causing the problem. It's been going up and down for 24 hours and they don't have a solution yet. Seem's their entire Irvine data centre is down.

I seem to be having the worst luck with new releases on iOS. Going to send me to an early grave!

Sorry, can you tell me what you are doing when it crashes? What level? What mode etc?
Old 04-12-2012, 05:44 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
I just played through an entire defense level on my iPad 3. No issues, no crashes.

i'd love to get some re-producable steps to make it crash if it is that consistent for you.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:37 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by seon View Post
I just played through an entire defense level on my iPad 3. No issues, no crashes.

i'd love to get some re-producable steps to make it crash if it is that consistent for you.
Well it happened 10 times straight in a row, just be launching the game and doing 'things'. First time I booted the game, went to achievements, scrolled through the achievement list and it crashed. Second time I went to the level select (classic/defense), flipped through some levels and it crashed again. I did this a couple of times and then I figured something was 'wrong' after the update. Then I tried what would happen if I just picked the first level and started playing right away. This also ended up in a crash just after the first enemies entered the map. So all of these crashes happened in the 30s to 60s after launching the game.

This morning I tried to re-produce these steps for you and the game worked fine. So all of the above probably happened because of the server downtime. I tried if it was re-producable by unplugging my internet connection, but then everything just worked fine. So this might be a small issue, but I think it would be nice if the game doesn't crash when your servers are down
Old 04-13-2012, 02:40 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Well it happened 10 times straight in a row, just be launching the game and doing 'things'. First time I booted the game, went to achievements, scrolled through the achievement list and it crashed. Second time I went to the level select (classic/defense), flipped through some levels and it crashed again. I did this a couple of times and then I figured something was 'wrong' after the update. Then I tried what would happen if I just picked the first level and started playing right away. This also ended up in a crash just after the first enemies entered the map. So all of these crashes happened in the 30s to 60s after launching the game.

This morning I tried to re-produce these steps for you and the game worked fine. So all of the above probably happened because of the server downtime. I tried if it was re-producable by unplugging my internet connection, but then everything just worked fine. So this might be a small issue, but I think it would be nice if the game doesn't crash when your servers are down
Thanks for the feedback... Cubemen definitely SHOULDN'T crash if the server is down, but it might have issues if the server returns corrupt data, which might have been the issue as it was up and down like a yoyo, in like 10-15 second intervals

I'll have a run through of my codebase for the next update to do more checks against corrupt data from the server.

I'm sorry you had issues after the update but I am glad it's all working for you now.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:46 AM

It would be great if we can play other levels in the Skirmish mode without having to go back to the main menu.

And it would be great if before playing a Skirmish level we can see our last, our best and the best internet scores of the level like in the Defense mode.
I know there are stats in the Skirmish scores on the main menu but to see them before confirming to play a level is a +.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:49 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fil2 View Post
It would be great if we can play other levels in the Skirmish mode without having to go back to the main menu.
This is already added to the v1.1 update for both Skirmish and Mayhem modes :-)
Old 04-24-2012, 12:50 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default More v1.1 info...

I have started a new Cubemen v1.1 gallery page on the Cubemen website. I have just added a first look image of the new Mayhem game (me v.s. 5 AI on the first playable level "SO IT BEGINS")

I'll be adding new images here as quickly as I can as work progresses on v1.1

So so everyone is clear, I am not rushing v1.1 out the door. I am making sure it's perfect and it's everything it can be. No ETA to announce yet.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:00 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default New image added to the v1.1 Gallery

I've added a new image to the v1.1 Gallery - Mayhem Lobby with Chat window.

Players will be able to chat in the Mayhem lobby with other players in that game while waiting for more players to join.

The game Host decides when he/she wants to start the game and whether AI will fill empty spots that humans haven't joined yet.

More to come soon!
Old 04-28-2012, 06:22 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default More gallery images

I've added more images to the v1.1 Gallery.

The new multi-player game Lobby shows both Skirmish and Mayhem games available to join on the one screen, so if you are just wanting to join a game, you only have one place to look.

Also, private games are now listed in the lobby list and passwords are entered directly into the slot.

Another image shows that hosts starting a Skirmish game ( and Mayhem of course) can set the number of Waves for the game, 20, 30, 40, 50 or Unlimited waves.

Ok, back to work for me... more to show soon!