Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-19-2012, 04:52 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I have posted a really positive review on my polish site
Really good work, really good. Just waiting for the update.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:05 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Very fun basic game. Played for quite awhile last night
Old 03-25-2012, 07:03 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Yeah, this is a good mindness on-the-go "click the button and gain XP/Gold" game. And actually more complex than some of the RPGs out there where you do the same thing, and no annoying wandering around with a touch pad to get in the way!

No in-app purchases are necessary (you can keep doing Dungeon 1-2 over and over again and be guaranteed +1 Crystal every time you complete it), but I enjoyed the game enough to get the $1.99 bundle (which unlocks instant spin, reassign stats, and gives 50 Crystals to boot).

I probably won't use instant spin that much, because having the results show up immediately is actually TOO fast.

The ability to reassign stats is good for grinding, because you can have a fully combat-ready character for your latest dungeons, and then when you go back to grind in them you can increase your gold/XP gains or add more bonus spins at the end.

Since I'll be staring at my hero's face (as well as the monsters) a lot, I'd like to see some cosmetic enhancements for those options. Maybe different hero faces that you can use when you reach higher levels, or maybe different "poses" for the face depending on how healthy you are. (Heroic-looking when your Health and Armor are maxxed out, exhausted when your health is 25% or less.)

Probably too much to ask to have multiple poses for each monster type, but the portrait could be outlined in red when a monster has maximum Health/Armor to reflect that you've got an uphill battle ahead or you, or outlined in green/partially transparent when the enemy is almost defeated.

Not anything that really adds to the gameplay, but just those extra touches of polish.

And since Version 1.1.2 says "most importantly, we corrected the spelling of shield in the opening tutorial," then in Version 1.1.3 you need to fix the spelling of significantly and hopefully in the Help overview.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:32 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laire View Post
And since Version 1.1.2 says "most importantly, we corrected the spelling of shield in the opening tutorial," then in Version 1.1.3 you need to fix the spelling of significantly and hopefully in the Help overview.
Hah! Yup, 1.1.2 is out. This is the fix for the first broken challenge dungeon and insta-spin/reset stats non-bundled in-app purchases.

Our first priority is working through the code to fix the random crashes and will have another update available when we feel we have them taken care of. We will then be going through the recommendations we have seen here and sent to our support email to see what we can do to enhance the game.

Also, We want to say thanks for the support and kind words about our game.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:06 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I've been playing RPG Slots a lot on the commute to work. Any word on if/when the pirates campaign update will come through?
Old 05-08-2012, 07:38 PM

The Tower of Fortune article made me think of this game, and now it appears to be gone?
Old 05-08-2012, 07:51 PM

Gone?!? They just released a maintenance update not too long ago, sly bastards. Perhaps it will be the pirates material remains forever in limbo.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:56 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrak View Post
The Tower of Fortune article made me think of this game, and now it appears to be gone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Gone?!? They just released a maintenance update not too long ago, sly bastards. Perhaps it will be the pirates material remains forever in limbo.
We are not gone. Our last update to fix the memory issues started to reset peoples levels back to 1 due to a flag we were trying to implement to provide free stuff to current players. So our trying to be nice is making us look mean. =( We pulled the app to try to avoid other people updating and losing their levels. We are putting a fix together (with free exp/gold/crystals) for those who got the flag and lost their character. The game will be back up on the store hopefully early next week. All based on testing and Apple's approval time.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:57 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Version 1.1.4 is out.

I've only gotten myself back into playing since yesterday, and I've made quite a bit of progress almost out of the 3rd set of dungeons.

I was hit by the stat wiping bug from the last update. I really enjoyed the bonus that came up and can really use the extra XP and crystals. 20000 XP, 10000 coins, and 100 crystals were awarded to me.

A fairly nice slots battle. I can't wait to see the new area in a future update.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:25 PM

I'm glad to see RPG Slots back in action despite the disappointing wipe bug, it's cool of developers to try to restore some material. The gift was nice but still below where I accumulated. Anyway... I can recoup as I complete the last round of stages; bring on the pirates!