Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 12:34 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by batux1617 View Post
So far, people are very into our game, specially our maps and we are very excited about the comments we've read so far! However, we've receive some "negative" feedback in regards our monsters design.. we are in the process of polishing them but would love some feedback from you guys

Note: the "negative" feedback I read came from a Nintendo forum, so am not sure how biased they might be, but it's always better to double check!

What do you think?
I'm going to be "that guy" and say:
Yes, the art style of the monsters is a problem for me.

I think what you have going is acceptable for the world map, and I love the exploration and isometric view.

However, when I look at the monsters I get the impression that a ton of monsters were just cobbled together, and more time was given to creating lots of monsters than in making the monsters good. I can't take them seriously, neither the smaller or larger ones. I don't know if it's because they lack the simplicity of many pokemon, or because a lot of them just look too goofy (which might be an issue with eye design, or the way hands are drawn, especially when monsters have too many "pieces of flair" e.g. frogs with gloves on).

The only reason I'm posting this is because if micromon were released today with all of its content in great shape, I think i would not buy the game because of the monster art.

So I'm not just posting to troll. I hope to enjoy this game someday, but I probably won't unless the monster design gets overhauled. The same goes for supporting the kickstarter. If I had to point to something that's done a decent job with flash-style design (instead of a more pixelated look) I think MinoMonsters is probably on top right now. Unfortunately exploration is miserable in their game, and you get nickel-and-dimed like crazy because of their expensive microtransaction system. I think I'm going to stop playing it altogether because exploration system drives me up a wall, I would love to enjoy Micromon eventually.

Anyway good luck developing. It blows my mind that apple's mobile gaming market has become this big (didn't see that coming 5 years ago), but it blows my mind even more that in all that time no developer has released a competent monster capture/fighting game that rivals pokémon, despite pokémon clearly being the quintessential mobile game of many of our childhoods.

It may be that you don't want to create the kind of game I'd like to play. My ideal game would have monsters with the animation quality of MinoMonsters and the exploration content that Micomon promises. We could possibly add the design consistency and diversity of pokémon (simple (cute?) initial monsters that, when they evolve, gain a more complex and fierce appearance). I would gladly pay a high premium for this game ($15+) if I knew I wouldn't be nickel-and-dimed with micro-transactions. I know this post was super long; thanks for reading and good luck.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:45 PM

I dont understand why you got banned, Moga.

If it's about starting a project, then I honestly dont think it was a controversial reason enough to ban you. In fact, I have seen this similar effort in other thread. I remembered checking out a thread at TA about a college guy trying to single-handedly creating a strategy RPG game all by himself and was in need of some donation help. Didnt see him banned for that.

Other than that, the recent sketch design is looking great!
Old 04-29-2012, 02:35 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

I would like an option to pay for all of the iAP of you have to make them due to not getting all the needed funds.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:25 AM

What is happening to this game? Where are the updates?
Old 05-13-2012, 07:28 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2o View Post
What is happening to this game? Where are the updates?
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...s/posts/222630

I don't know. Maybe they posted it somewhere
Old 06-17-2012, 05:03 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Felicis View Post
I'm going to be "that guy" and say:
Yes, the art style of the monsters is a problem for me.

I think what you have going is acceptable for the world map, and I love the exploration and isometric view.

However, when I look at the monsters I get the impression that a ton of monsters were just cobbled together, and more time was given to creating lots of monsters than in making the monsters good. I can't take them seriously, neither the smaller or larger ones. I don't know if it's because they lack the simplicity of many pokemon, or because a lot of them just look too goofy (which might be an issue with eye design, or the way hands are drawn, especially when monsters have too many "pieces of flair" e.g. frogs with gloves on).

The only reason I'm posting this is because if micromon were released today with all of its content in great shape, I think i would not buy the game because of the monster art.

So I'm not just posting to troll. I hope to enjoy this game someday, but I probably won't unless the monster design gets overhauled. The same goes for supporting the kickstarter. If I had to point to something that's done a decent job with flash-style design (instead of a more pixelated look) I think MinoMonsters is probably on top right now. Unfortunately exploration is miserable in their game, and you get nickel-and-dimed like crazy because of their expensive microtransaction system. I think I'm going to stop playing it altogether because exploration system drives me up a wall, I would love to enjoy Micromon eventually.

Anyway good luck developing. It blows my mind that apple's mobile gaming market has become this big (didn't see that coming 5 years ago), but it blows my mind even more that in all that time no developer has released a competent monster capture/fighting game that rivals pokémon, despite pokémon clearly being the quintessential mobile game of many of our childhoods.

It may be that you don't want to create the kind of game I'd like to play. My ideal game would have monsters with the animation quality of MinoMonsters and the exploration content that Micomon promises. We could possibly add the design consistency and diversity of pokémon (simple (cute?) initial monsters that, when they evolve, gain a more complex and fierce appearance). I would gladly pay a high premium for this game ($15+) if I knew I wouldn't be nickel-and-dimed with micro-transactions. I know this post was super long; thanks for reading and good luck.
I agree with you Felix - the world map looks amazing, but the monsters were somewhat lacking. It is too bad that Micromon did not hit their Kickstarter goal because it would be interesting to see new monster designs.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:18 AM
iPhone (Original)

All the screenshots have good quality graphics and are stunning. Cant wait for this to come on live. Hope there is a way for me to try how good this game will be? P.s. Does it have support for 4th generation ipod touch? :^). I know your going to be successful in this game
Old 06-18-2012, 12:14 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen)

ive got to say i can't really take the monster design very seriously and it should emulate a pokemon type design with the same look and feel of it but not a copy. geosociety in my eyes has the best formula and monster design for a pokemon type game on the appstore currently.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:16 PM
iPhone (Original)

Cant wait for august for the game to come out i want to get it and play it. And its very useful to play anytime. Thanks for creating good ideas for this game is going to be great and i know you will have money for it since its going to be a succesful game
Old 08-21-2012, 12:45 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

So is the game dead?

Closed Thread