Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 05:15 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

First Try Fridays is my favourite skateboarding game on ios, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned.
It's a skate sim with similar flick controls to Touchgrind, but with a tilted camera angle so you can see where you're going, and flick to push which feels far far better.
Check it out if you're looking forward to True Skate.

I loved EA's Skate on xbox but the ios version was pretty poor, mainly due to its awkward control system.
Touchgrind's physics board is a joy to flip, though there isn't much of a game behind it.
I hope True Skate will be more of a sim than arcadey, though I'll most likely buy it however it turns out!
Old 04-29-2012, 03:06 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I'm wondering how this game is coming along.

First Try Firdays has some good looking screenshots, but the high price tag of 6 are preventing me from trying it out.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:09 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

The screenshots for this look awesome. Very excited to see a gameplay video eventually.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:31 PM

It's been coming a long slowly because we have been focusing on JCS2 mostly. However, I am seriously considering prioritizing True Skate instead to try and get that out quickly. JCS2 has a lot of new stuff and is becoming quite complicated. True Skate will be quite simple on first release.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:38 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Nice to read news for this game, I'm really excited about True Skate!!! The graphics looks very good and there's not a lot of good skateboard game on IOS
Will you publish more infos & photos soon? Thanks
Old 05-04-2012, 06:31 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Yay!!! Can't wait for this. I had a lot of fun with touchgrind, but the camera kind of ruined a decent skate experience for me... Like i said before, can't wait :-)
Old 05-04-2012, 06:35 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by luketrueaxis View Post
It's been coming a long slowly because we have been focusing on JCS2 mostly. However, I am seriously considering prioritizing True Skate instead to try and get that out quickly. JCS2 has a lot of new stuff and is becoming quite complicated. True Skate will be quite simple on first release.

you should definitely release True Skate first!! also if it is possible could you upload a video of some gameplay?? i would appreciate it, and i think some others would too
Old 05-06-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizle95 View Post
you should definitely release True Skate first!! also if it is possible could you upload a video of some gameplay?? i would appreciate it, and i think some others would too
I will release a video when I am a bit more sure about when the release will be.

I did just go out and buy my self a skateboard recently for some extra R&D I also got out my old aggressive inline skates and hit the vert ramp a few times. I'm getting a bit too old for that, but I was surprised I managed to land a couple flips and pull some air, and do some shin grinds. I think I might try to avoid the shin grinds next time though I don't recommend them to anybody.

I'm not so good on the skateboard though. I used to be able to do a kick flip, but it doesn't seem to work with my new skateboard.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:01 AM

I've been doing some logo concept work. Here is one attached. There are more on the True Axis facebook page too.
Attached Images
File Type: png mdecdgood1.png (173.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 05-11-2012, 06:59 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Nice, I'm not sure about the green color, I would prefer orange/red/yellow, being a little warmer. Fitting to the artwork in the first post. But I don't know what to think of the True Skate written out again above the graffiti.

Closed Thread