Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-31-2012, 11:08 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
You mean how it's back as the number one paid app and number 5 for grossing?
No... I mean how LOADS of 1 star reviews were posted with people bitching about having to pay for the new content...

but you're right... it did blow over... and loads more reviews were posted from actual fans of the game...
Old 01-31-2012, 12:15 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
No... I mean how LOADS of 1 star reviews were posted with people bitching about having to pay for the new content...
I knew what you meant, but that's my point. These little children come out of the wood work en masse to stamp their feet that after they already got 154 levels for $0.99 that asking another $1 for more levels was simply the WORST THING EVER, BURN IN HELL DISNEY MOBILE!!! Yet, the vast majority of people, most who don't bother to post reviews, realize that even after the IAP purchase, it's literally only one cent per level, and that's why it's doing just fine. People who pay attention to reviews are smart enough to separate the actual praise from the whining and the ball polishing, both of which are too common on the app store.

For a niche game like DA:B, there's only so much that adding in free material is going to do to increase the bottom line for the devs. OTOH, I'm not sure how well the game has done. Although the skirmish is lots of fun, the campaign was pretty pants and tactically meh. Multiplayer could keep fans, but I don't know that it wins them at this point with things like Hero Battles free up front.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:47 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I'll frankly be really pleased with whatever you guys come out with next for it, because i really do enjoy it. from my point of view async is what I'm looking forward to the most because I can see it being really easy to convince my non TBS playing friends that it will be a lot of fun.

I agree with everything Ayjona said, The game that gets the most multiplayer action from myself at the moment is Carcassone. it helps that I have several varieties of that game as actual boardgames, and a dice game, to introduce people to it, but the multiplayer works really well. CodingMonkeys are using their own async stuff though I believe, so might be tough to use GC's API's and get it running that smooth.

Second to that would be more choice with the soldiers/weapons.

I like the current lot of chaps, but like you've done with the captain and his dual pistols, add a bit more spice there. tweaking the capabilities a bit, maybe the sniper with a choice of weapons, one more damage but less range than normal, or a rocket chap with a greater spread, but twice the wait,something like that. its not mixing up the rank and file and destroying the balancing too much, just giving slightly more customisation options.

Oh, and, give us a bunch of silly hats to IAP and equip on our dudes, thats worked well for Team Fortress 2
Old 02-11-2012, 10:25 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Any news or update on the next content update? what it will definitely include and what week we can probably expect to see it submitted? Thanks in advance! Really really looking forward to the multiplayer.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:10 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Down to .99 today, seems like a great deal. I am picking this one up.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:36 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

yeah $.99 is a great deal, especially once the multiplayer update comes out.

Last edited by Nekcik; 04-29-2012 at 11:08 PM.. Reason: typo fixed
Old 04-29-2012, 10:10 PM

im assuming this game is dead, which is unfortunate.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:25 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsinheat View Post
im assuming this game is dead, which is unfortunate.
Huh? If you're going by the last person it was probly a typo. And the game is great btw, highly recommended to those who enjoy TBS in anyway for a dollar...
Old 04-30-2012, 12:05 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

This game looked like it had loads of potential. Kinda bummed it doesn't seem to be supported any longer.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:29 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I just saw a new game posted on Tome Studios's Facebook page. the game is called RAD soldiers and it looks very very good. I'm still looking forward to the update for Danger Alliance, But I'm now excited for RAD as well.