★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Matchblocks - puzzle-arcade in minimalistic style ( One Minute Games )

04-27-2012, 01:03 PM
I like it. Definitely want to see more.

and the horse you rode in on

Awaiting: Ridiculous Fishing // Random Battles // Monster Loves You! // Punch Quest // FIST OF AWESOME // Hammer04 // Icebreaker: A Viking Voyage
04-27-2012, 03:44 PM
As I promised... screenshots from recent build
Also it is worth to note I will probably start betatests in the next week!

All you have to do is push that bottom buttons to match colors in blocks -> this is simple idea, but it requires strategy and planning when games gets harder There is also multiple bonuses and obstacles...

04-27-2012, 04:38 PM
Ahah I like it!! It's the evolution of match three and tetris planets!
And you're right...looks simple but it's not..
The graphic is very clean and reassuring but I can already see my brain jamming.."now tap green..no wait wait..orange...holy cow I should have tapped yellow now I'm stuck"
hihihi

Can't wait!! So, don't keep us waiting too long
04-28-2012, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by playerout View Post
Ahah I like it!! It's the evolution of match three and tetris planets!
And you're right...looks simple but it's not..
The graphic is very clean and reassuring but I can already see my brain jamming.."now tap green..no wait wait..orange...holy cow I should have tapped yellow now I'm stuck"
hihihi

Can't wait!! So, don't keep us waiting too long
Not too long of waiting, I'm targeting june most likely

And you get it right - evolution ( or hybrid ? ) of matching games and Tetris.
04-28-2012, 03:12 AM
Sold

and the horse you rode in on

Awaiting: Ridiculous Fishing // Random Battles // Monster Loves You! // Punch Quest // FIST OF AWESOME // Hammer04 // Icebreaker: A Viking Voyage
04-28-2012, 01:50 PM
Another feature round up:

Game will have Trophies system which will be mapped directly to Game Center achievements. Trophies will work like in PopCap games - achieve something outstanding nad you will get one, every Trophy will have 3 ( or 4? ) levels.

To unlock next game mode you'll have to achieve certain level of fluency in current modes.
04-30-2012, 03:05 AM
Hmm, I think Matchblocks betatesting will begin soon!

Any volunteers are welcome! Please sign here: http://bit.ly/Jl4JQL ( TestFlight )

I'm looking for about 10-15 testers, so not everyone will get in Please welcome.
04-30-2012, 03:28 AM
Best of luck with this one. Cmndrpxmn was pro.

I've placed geocached DRM-free USB copies of my newest game in various locations throughout Europe and Southeastern US. Email me if you find 'em for the free "explorer" cape.
05-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Very clean design. It looks like it has the potential of being pretty addictive. I'll keep my eye on this.