Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-29-2012, 09:15 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I'm with Farmer Harv on the DLC front. Although I'm sure you sell DLC to a lot less people, surely it takes a lot less resource to create?

Apart from creating a few new 3d assets and artwork, it's one man and a scenario builder (vs an entire team for a new engine / AI etc).

Maybe I'll get some modern scenarios after all lol!

Btw as a Brit i loved the Operation Sealion campaign. Sure there are a few mechanics niggles (trying to find your units due to a mass of buildings etc), but I really did feel sorry for my Rourkes Drift units when they finally succumbed!
Old 04-29-2012, 09:42 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1 View Post
....preferably without turning it into another IOS pricing debate.
Thanks.
Big LOL!! I guess the guys do read the threads!
Old 04-29-2012, 01:15 PM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defard View Post
I'm with Farmer Harv on the DLC front. Although I'm sure you sell DLC to a lot less people, surely it takes a lot less resource to create?
The cost of production isn't too relevant to pricing. It's a form of price discrimination---the people with an interest in buying the IAP are generally those who got a lot more value out of the base purchase, also. But you can't charge them more for the base game---you basically need to have a single price (except for sales, which used to be more useful for price discrimination but have gotten less useful as people learn to work the system and wait for sales).
Old 04-29-2012, 02:09 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

After the praise, etc, a little question: I don't know if this is a bug or not, but all the missions that make up a single campaign are open for me from the start. Wouldn't it make more sense to have them unlock in sequence? The tutorial seemed to have mentioned it and that would give a better feel for accomplishment and progression. Right now it's just a series of battles where you can start with any one and again, no feel of progression or connection between the battles in a single campaign.

Also, if you did complete and win a battle, it would be nice to see the achievement stars gained through the battle and a note that you actually won it in the past. I didn't play for a few days and I pretty much forgot where I was and as everything is unlocked, I really had a hard time remembering where I was.

SlideToPlay also made a valid point in their review where it is a bit weird that you select troops before receiving the battle objectives however this didn't seem like too big of an issue to me.

And finally, Game Center acheivements are always nice!

Last edited by GiHubb; 04-29-2012 at 03:55 PM..
Old 04-29-2012, 04:08 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Love this game yes Game Center acheivements would be nice!! But I must say online is great without GC

Last edited by astonkiller; 04-29-2012 at 04:10 PM..
Old 04-30-2012, 04:58 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

On the mission progression this was done deliberately because some people had trouble completing specific missions and we didn't want to lock them out of the rest of the game because they got stuck on one mission and we didn't want to make the missions simple enough that everyone could easily finish them. The answer was to let people jump to any mission.

When you go to a campaign it will auto jump to the last mission you completed. Achievements should now be stored - if not it might be a new bug...

However the Market Garden campaign forces you to play in order with unit carry over.

On future expansions we have 2 in production. They take quite a while to produce because the design and testing. The assets are pretty quick to do and all the time gets sunk in to playing the mission, tweaking and replaying.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:08 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Looks really good but I think I'll wait for them to make a light version.
Would be nice to sample it even for a short time before buying.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:18 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
Looks really good but I think I'll wait for them to make a light version.
Would be nice to sample it even for a short time before buying.
You can try their demo version on your PC and/or Mac. It's the same game, just a different platform. Just go to their site and download it.

--DotComCTO
Old 04-30-2012, 09:46 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitherine Iain View Post
On the mission progression this was done deliberately because some people had trouble completing specific missions and we didn't want to lock them out of the rest of the game because they got stuck on one mission and we didn't want to make the missions simple enough that everyone could easily finish them. The answer was to let people jump to any mission.
Most games that do this opt for the "Skip Battle" button with a confirmation, just to keep track and let you know that you are skipping ahead. I know it isn't a major issue, but I think there is a reason why devs dealt with similar cases in this fashion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitherine Iain View Post
When you go to a campaign it will auto jump to the last mission you completed. Achievements should now be stored - if not it might be a new bug...
Where can I see these achievement?

When scrolling between the missions I don't see them there. I also think that it would be nice to show a little line of text that confirms that this battle was won. It would give a nice warm feeling of accomplishment for sure!
Old 04-30-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiHubb View Post
Most games that do this opt for the "Skip Battle" button with a confirmation, just to keep track and let you know that you are skipping ahead. I know it isn't a major issue, but I think there is a reason why devs dealt with similar cases in this fashion.

Where can I see these achievement?

When scrolling between the missions I don't see them there. I also think that it would be nice to show a little line of text that confirms that this battle was won. It would give a nice warm feeling of accomplishment for sure!
There are some technical issues with showing them on the mission selection screen (basically it would need to read the script for each mission to see what achievements were in there) - but I will add it to the task list.

Cheers

Pip