Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-29-2012, 03:03 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Man this game is awesome! I never even gave this a glance, but now it's like Dungeon Raid all over again! Gets me addicted to a game which I would hate without RPG elements and I hate them too. Two types of games I would normally hate combined in a game I love
Old 04-30-2012, 08:46 AM

Picked this up over the weekend after seeing the post from Touch Arcade about the update. Had not heard of it before. Totally loving it!

I do have a question about the leveling up, though. As far as I can tell, leveling up the characters is somewhat random, as far as which character is leveled. If one character is at a lower level than the other two, that character is leveled up. If two or more characters are at the lowest level, then one of them is selected randomly. Is this correct? Or is there a way to select which character is leveled?

Would it make sense to add such a feature? Then, if I felt so inclined, I could work on leveling one of the characters and his weapons, depending on that character for most of the hits. Not sure if that would really work, but I was just wondering.

Still, it really is a great game! Thanks!
Old 04-30-2012, 09:29 AM

Can't be purchased in UK store currently - item being updated?

Anyone know what's happening?

Cheers,

Jamie.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:23 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Sorry for the late replies everyone... So here goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdgrl09 View Post
My question is, I got all the weapon boosters but I can't get the dark weapons AT ALL. Is there a secret to getting them to drop that I need to figure out when fighting the dark monsters (like when you had to fight the knives master with knives kinda thing) or is it just super rare drop? Same for golden cherry. Thanks for an awesome update!
I'm glad you like the update! We almost added a "birdgrl09" achievement which was getting 47 other achievements, but time ran out for the update.

But anyway, the Dark Weapons have the following drop rates:
First Dark Minotaur, first battle: 0.1%
First Dark Minotaur, other battles: 0%
Second Dark Minotaur, first battle: 1%
Second Dark Minotaur, other battles: 0%
Final Dark Minotaur, first battle: 100%
Final Dark Minotaur, other battles: 8.7%

So if you are lucky, you might get 1 dark weapon when battling the first 2 dark minotaurs for the first time. After that, they never drop a dark weapon. The final dark minotaur will drop 1 weapon the first time it's beaten. After that, you have 8.7% chance that it will TRY to drop a dark weapon, ie. it will chose one of the 3 dark weapon randomly, and drop it only if you do not already have it.

For the Golden Cherry, many levels drop it, like the Witch and the Final Dragon, but they have a drop rate of less than 1%. Again, the Final Dark Minotaur is the best place to get it with a 2.5% drop rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDadNate View Post
Having trouble getting gold on the minotaurs... :/ But I will continue trying... Let me know what combo seems to work best for you! So hopefully we can conquer these fiends together!
My current party/equipment for the Final Dark Minotaur is the following:
Party:
Warrior Level 6
Archer Level 6
Mage Level 6

Weapons:
Dark Sword (Got it with my first win against the Final Dark Minotaur)
Superior Diamond Bow
DahakaJR's Sword

Bonuses:
Large Enemy Bait
A lot of swords (Swords +++)
A lot of bows (Bows +++)

I got both weapon boosters trying to get another dark weapon with the Final Dark Minotaur. Before that, I was using a Sword ++ and a Bow ++. Getting the unique weapons really helped me too because the boosters give them a bigger hit rate than usual. Also, my cherries are maxed at 48 at the start of battle. (Cherries Level 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Man this game is awesome! I never even gave this a glance, but now it's like Dungeon Raid all over again! Gets me addicted to a game which I would hate without RPG elements and I hate them too. Two types of games I would normally hate combined in a game I love
Glad you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
I do have a question about the leveling up, though. As far as I can tell, leveling up the characters is somewhat random, as far as which character is leveled. If one character is at a lower level than the other two, that character is leveled up. If two or more characters are at the lowest level, then one of them is selected randomly. Is this correct? Or is there a way to select which character is leveled?
You are correct. The character that gets the level is picked randomly amongst all those at the lowest levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
Would it make sense to add such a feature? Then, if I felt so inclined, I could work on leveling one of the characters and his weapons, depending on that character for most of the hits. Not sure if that would really work, but I was just wondering.

Still, it really is a great game! Thanks!
King Cashing 2 will let you invest points in the character you want since there'll be more than 3 characters and you'll be able to chose which ones are in the battles. Random leveling wouldn't have made sense with the new system.

Thanks for your comments everyone! Much appreciated!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:13 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
Can't be purchased in UK store currently - item being updated?

Anyone know what's happening?

Cheers,

Jamie.
That problem again... Let me know if it's resolved. If anyone else is having this problem, let me know so we can notify Apple.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:36 PM

Default Tips for Defeating Kings Cashing: Updated Version

Hello, all:

This morning, I achieved gold for all monsters, including the final protected boss. After defeating him the first time, I deleted that Dark Sword, thinking it was useless (lol). Also, I received the golden cherry from the Witch.

Here are my stats:

Party
Warrior Level 5
Archer Level 5
Mage Level 6

Weapons
Superior Diamond Sword
Superior Diamond Bow
Superior Diamond Staff

I'm not sure of the names, but all three weapons have an attack rating of 30 and all five stars filled.

Bonuses
Large Enemy Bait
A lot of staffs (Staffs ++)
A lot of mages (mages +++)

Note: I also have this weapon with an attack rating of 42 from playing the final Ragdoll and getting four chests. However, I find that as it only has two stars (in terms of frequency) to use equipment with fewer attack points but more frequency.

Here are some other tips:

1. Study the pattern of the wheel. Know which portions of the wheel has more monsters.
2. As stated above, I find you get more points by using weapons of a lower attack rating but more frequency.
3. The golden cherry is good for the Ragdolls only. Otherwise, the one extra spin you get is nullified by the lessening of the items on the wheel.
4. For the final protected boss, for the first two-three spins, focus on breaking the shields in approximately the same place. Then, focus your remaining 9 spins on locating the monsters, and you'll get gold.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:55 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I've just started playing this again after forgetting about it for a while (I've got too many apps on my iPhone!), I'd forgotten how fun it was. I particularly like the music.

I've got a question about Bonus Hoarder and Weapon Hoarder: is just having eg Gold Sword enough, or do I need all the variants Worn Gold Sword etc? The same for Bonus Hoarder, is eg Gold Pile enough or do I need Dusty and Shiny too?

Also will the sequel have "hold" and "nudge" like slot machines do? That would be fun.

Last edited by HLW; 05-07-2012 at 06:01 PM..
Old 05-08-2012, 09:26 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLW View Post
I've got a question about Bonus Hoarder and Weapon Hoarder: is just having eg Gold Sword enough, or do I need all the variants Worn Gold Sword etc? The same for Bonus Hoarder, is eg Gold Pile enough or do I need Dusty and Shiny too?
You need all variants of every items. With the latest update you don't need to keep the item in your inventory for the achievement to unlock. Selling an item you just got from a chest will stil count toward the achievement.

I totally understand that this achievement is not perfect but only because there is no item check list in the game. King Cashing 2 will make sure to correct that. For the current King Cashing, I might at least make a web page listing all the items. So next time I need a break from King Cashing 2, I might do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLW View Post
Also will the sequel have "hold" and "nudge" like slot machines do? That would be fun.
I'm not familiar with this concept. Can you explain it?
Old 05-08-2012, 01:49 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Hold = holds a reel for a round while the others spin. Obviously for bets with higher win chances. Some machines give one hold per round while others let you win holds.
nudge = let a reel Go one stop further.

Hope i explained well.
Awesome update by the way multimage! Thanks,can't wait for king cashing 2.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:55 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by multimage View Post
You need all variants of every items. With the latest update you don't need to keep the item in your inventory for the achievement to unlock.
I thought that might be the case, I just wanted to check I wasn't keeping all the variants needlessly. I'm keeping them so I know which ones I've got/had, it's no problem keeping them all really as I don't need the gold.

For the 'more cherries at the end than at the start' achievement, do you have to be playing normal (not survival) mode? Because I had more cherries at the end of a battle in survival mode, but didn't get the achievement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krautboy View Post
Hold = holds a reel for a round while the others spin. Obviously for bets with higher win chances. Some machines give one hold per round while others let you win holds.
nudge = let a reel Go one stop further.
Yes that's exactly it.