Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-28-2012, 09:29 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar599 View Post
They are going to work on the update when they are finished with the runs.
Alright, good to know.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:13 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drek95 View Post
Wow, thanks for the compliments Dave! Yeah, I have seen other fans asking about an island inside the volcano, so maybe you can make it after the Apocalypse update. Anyway, WOW an update made in so less time! But, will it include more than the minigame? And will it be a part of the Apocalypse saga, or an episode like "Double Rainbow All The Way Across The Sky", wich interrupted the Ape trilogy? Last question: can you give us one more hint other than "cute" (if you went that way)? Thanks for your time and, again, for the compliments.
This is the next apocalypse room, and the update pretty much takes place in the room where there is a mini game. It's still a cute theme. and I guess part of the update is a little like the rainbow update as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.T. View Post
In one week ?!
impossibru!
yea, we'll see. With out 8 update schedule this year, we have to pretty much do 1 update a month form now on. we are trying to do smaller updates so we can finish in a week and still have 3 weeks out of each month to work on the runs.

and about PGU we will probably not get to an update this year on it. We are noticing that the ranking is crashing for the main PG (and PGU is way lower than that) so we need to focus on PG and our new app. we'll have to see what happens this year, but if our rank keeps going lower we may need to figure out some way to get sales coming in again, either by doing more new apps or rethinking how we do our current ones. updating the original PG is always our top priority so we are hoping to figure out a way to keep that going after this year but if both apps are not in the top 100 in the US we have to find another way to make sales.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:33 PM
iPad, iOS 4.x

Hi, Dave! I just read the last post of Allan on Twitter, wich says that he (and presumably you) have spent the entire week-end working on the new chamber. First of all, THANK YOU! Thank you, for all the time you spent making updates for us! We really appreciate this! Now, for the questions: does this mean that you have completed (I mean sketched, realized, animated and putted in the game) the new chamber? If yes, how much time do you think it will take t' entirely complete and submit the update? Thanks in advance for the answers and, keep up the great work!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drek95 View Post
Hi, Dave! I just read the last post of Allan on Twitter, wich says that he (and presumably you) have spent the entire week-end working on the new chamber. First of all, THANK YOU! Thank you, for all the time you spent making updates for us! We really appreciate this! Now, for the questions: does this mean that you have completed (I mean sketched, realized, animated and putted in the game) the new chamber? If yes, how much time do you think it will take t' entirely complete and submit the update? Thanks in advance for the answers and, keep up the great work!!!
Allan has drawn the next chamber. I added the code for it but allan hasnt hooked his new graphics up to it yet.

I started the mini game this weekend, probably finish a first pass tonight. we are working toward having our work done by next weekend so we can get back to the runs, but pepijn is currently on vacation in europe until the 10th. so I would prefer to wait until he is back so he can do some thorough testing and also have time to put the video together. so even though it will be done earlier, I think we will submit on the 10th or 11th.

but the update following this one will probably be started toward the end of may, so we will be trying to get 1 update a month for the next few so we can catch up on our 8 updates this year. if we start to miss that schedule, we may be forced to only do 7 this year. but we are trying our best to make 8 updates happen so our 50th episode will be the apocalypse at the end of the year, and right before our 4th anniversary.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:48 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

@davecazz - Will the original PG ever be universal? The one on the ipad is really boring due to it's limitations. I've been wishing for the original to go universal for ages.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:05 PM
iPad, iOS 4.x

Yeah, Dave! The 11th or 10th are perfect! They are really near! Also, I'm sure you will make it, for the 21th of December. I mean, it's almost May, and this is already your third Apocalypse update! If you release the updates once a month, you will reach the last approximately at the begin of October. Then you will have two more months to make the last one, wich I think it will be the best! Also, if you complete The Runs before October, you will have even more time to spend on the last update! Believe me, you will make it, we all support you! Ahem... If I'm not too curious... did you already tougth about the last update? If not, I have two awesome ideas to send, if you are interested!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 04:05 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazynahte View Post
@davecazz - Will the original PG ever be universal? The one on the ipad is really boring due to it's limitations. I've been wishing for the original to go universal for ages.
we are talking about it, if it happen's it will be early next year at the earliest, once the apocalypse updates are done and the runs is out. it will probably be a different HD version though but be universal between iphone and ipad.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:25 PM
iPad, iOS 4.x

Hi Dave! How is all going with the new update? Are the possible submit dates Thursday or Friday yet? Thanks for the answers, and, if you know, can you tell me how to find the Allan's video about the man and the aspirin? I would really love to see it. Thanks again!
Old 05-06-2012, 03:36 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Saw this on twitter:

"It's the first mini-game we've done since Battle of the Gods. Art is done and programming is underway!"

Sounds like the update is almost done.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:39 PM
iPad, iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar599 View Post
Saw this on twitter:

"It's the first mini-game we've done since Battle of the Gods. Art is done and programming is underway!"

Sounds like the update is almost done.
Yeah, I saw it just after writing the post. But I still want a confirm, and an answer for the video.