• Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 92.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: ATTENTION!

There is a slight problem with the controls that affects mostly iPhone/iPod Touch users. They are advised to enable tilt controls in the ingame-controls menu.

Also note that you can customize controls in that menu for all devices.

You will find that very menu when you hit the pause button in a level and then hit the set up button.

We will address this issue and fix it in the next update. Thank you!

WITH TESLA SPEED TO SPACE!

In an alternate history, in the early 19th century, two scientific dogmas are at odds with each other: Firebursting diesel power conflicts with sparking electricity! The exiled Dr Diesel wants to conquer the world. The last hope is our heroine Tesla Overdrive!

FEATURES EN MASSE!

Tesla Overdrive is a fast-paced steer-and-shoot game with
* several Tesla-punk space fighters
* lots of electrifying weapons
* many challenging quests
* a multitude of hostile Diesel-punks
* an abundance of coins
* pixel-esque artwork
* great sounds and soundtrack
* Joypad support
* Box2D physics
* iPad Retina support

TESLA OVERDRIVE IS FREEMIUM!

Tesla Overdrive is a game and an experiment. The whole game is for free! Go straight ahead and download the game.

You can buy ingame-credits if you feel stuck or ambitious. And you can buy luxury items that improve your gameplay.

You can support us buy doing in app purchases! That will help us make more games like Tesla Overdrive!

Sanuku's comments:

04-30-2012, 06:39 AM
Oh, this is a nice surprise! Great to see this one out early in the week.

04-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Sanuku, thanks for posting!

Developer of Multipods Escalation and Vermes on Mars. Upcoming game is Tesla Overdrive.
Follow me at Twitter and visit our homepage.
04-30-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm sorry I have to say this, but the controls are absolutely awful in this game.
It's unplayable on the iPad, because the controls are placed so far up the screen it's all but impossible to play the game.

It really is amazing that developers still release games for the iPad without adjustable controls! We are now at the the third incarnation of the iPad.

It really should have been spotted in beta testing, but really, the developer must have tried playing it on an iPad themselves, and I can't believe they haven't seen the problem right away.

Adjustable controls should be mandatory for every iPad release.

It really is a shame too, 'cause the game looks promising.

Edit!:
My bad, the controls are adjustable, but you don't have access to the settings for controls until you start the game. Sorry about my rant.
However, I almost deleted the game after searching for the control settings before playing to no avail, so it might be an idea to give access to them fro the main menu...

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland

Last edited by Bytebrain; 04-30-2012 at 06:56 PM.
04-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Boy, this is horrible. Jerky frame rate and animation, low res and badly drawn graphics, woeful controls, and they have the nerve to try to push IAP on you any chance they get. Unbelievable.
04-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Sanuku's video sold me. I'll try it.

Doesn't look jerky to me.
05-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Bytebrain, and others... Great that you solved the controls issue.

I, as the main developer, would like to say some things and assume some responsibility.

The thing is that Tesla Overdrive is in fact an iPad game. Controls work great on that device. The iPad was our main development-device and our main focus. It is a little unfortunate that this thread is not in the iPad-forum

On the iPhones/iPod Touches Tesla Overdrive works fine as well, assuming that you use tilting instead of the dual-stick-option. The tilting-option should have been enabled on the on the small devices right away. My bad. This will be fixed in the next update.

Developer of Multipods Escalation and Vermes on Mars. Upcoming game is Tesla Overdrive.
05-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Another thing... when talking about controls... Tesla Overdrive fully supports Joypad.

For those who have not heard of that yet: Joypad turns your iPhone or iPod into a controller that connects to your iPad/Mac/iPhone/iPod.

Quite some fun!

05-02-2012, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztlan.Games View Post
Another thing... when talking about controls... Tesla Overdrive fully supports Joypad.

For those who have not heard of that yet: Joypad turns your iPhone or iPod into a controller that connects to your iPad/Mac/iPhone/iPod.

Quite some fun!
just installed it! lovin it....

BTW!....
As one of the beta testers I will say this game was a lot of fun test, I found myself trying to be my own scores to win that gift card !While at the same time really enjoying myself trying to do so... I also watched the game grow from hard controls to stabilized... to completely playable ...as a matter of fact I enjoy this game on my iPhone 4S more than my ipad2... mainly because in the beginning when it was tilt controls only I found it was easier for me to use tilt on my small device. But once dual sticks were involved I enjoyed those better now I enjoy using my iPhone 4S in the dual stick option only... the game is a lot of fun with ship upgrades and weapons and once you get used to it...it's a blast. For the record I spent no money on IAP.... I only wish I had more time to test this thoroughly ....hopefully everyone will enjoy the game and see it as I did!

TESTING!-Most APPSASIA apps ...if your a dev hit me up and ill help.
*Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
MY PAST BETA LIST..
05-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Trev1, thanks a lot for your kind words!

Everyone, I would like to say that the best part of development was the beta-test. The testers were awesome and helped a lot. They provided many many fruitful comments. Without them I would have completely missed Joypad for example.

Beta testing was an awesome time