★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
04-30-2012, 03:55 PM
For "Collect X cards" missions, ignore as much enemy as you can. The more you kill them, the more they spawn and the harder the mission becomes. As much as possible, just let cards kill them and avoid swinging your sword.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshnsuch View Post
With the helmet that makes you dodge X% of attacks, it took about 2/3 tries to get the 60 cards mission completed.

Is no one else using those?
Ive been using the 50% evade Helmet and everything else are +hearts. Works fine so far, even if i havent maxed out all my upgrades yet.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

04-30-2012, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Ive been using the 50% evade Helmet and everything else are +hearts. Works fine so far, even if i havent maxed out all my upgrades yet.
^this

using level up accessories will only make 1-2 Cards stronger at the cost of 2-4 hearts... It's best to use Heart equips and the 50% Dodge helmet since that helmet means you can theoretically have 50% more hearts...

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Hearthstone - Sproggiwood - #YMBAB
04-30-2012, 05:11 PM
iCade

Tried it on iCade and soon as I pressed jump once, he kept on jumping. It didn't detect that I released the jump button.. even if I pressed and released it again.. just kept on jumping.. made for some interesting gameplay, though.
04-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Same here. Zero problems. Pro tips, other users. Heh.

ID on GameCenter: Joshnsuch

Mention you're from TA if you send a request. This would please me.
04-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agas View Post

SPELLSWORD
is one of the nominees for
Touch Arcade Game of the Week
25/04/2012

Do you like this frantic and beautiful retro-inspired Hack N Slash survival based iOS game?

VOTE HERE

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -

Voted for it. Great game. Thank you Everplay!!
04-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Do the skill cards still give you the + bonus even if your skill is maxed out already?
05-01-2012, 09:12 AM
Ok, this game is fun, but there is definitely some wonkiness with the controls. Often I seem to get stuck on a platform edge and then jump, jump, jump and then I go up and I seem to float like I'm on the moon. LOL. Hopefully that gets fixed in the update. Also the controls are uncomfortable on iPad, but I see that's going to get fixed with adjustable controls.

Thanks for the tips on the get 50 cards mission. I've been stuck on that one for a while. It seems I've been killing too many enemies.
05-01-2012, 09:49 AM
I just realized that this ran on 2nd gen devices! So I just got it.

Favorite games:

League of Evil 2, Rocket Bits, Super Crate Box, Retro Racing, INC, Choco Run, Swordigo.
05-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
Ok, this game is fun, but there is definitely some wonkiness with the controls. Often I seem to get stuck on a platform edge and then jump, jump, jump and then I go up and I seem to float like I'm on the moon. LOL. Hopefully that gets fixed in the update. Also the controls are uncomfortable on iPad, but I see that's going to get fixed with adjustable controls.

Thanks for the tips on the get 50 cards mission. I've been stuck on that one for a while. It seems I've been killing too many enemies.

that also happens on Terra Noctis..

As for the controls, i find them to be just fine on the ipad

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Hearthstone - Sproggiwood - #YMBAB