• Publisher: CreeperWare
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 89.7 MB
  • Version: 2.5
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "Ultimately, Vortex The Escape is a game built on a solid foundation and does offer a truly unique and fun concept that isnt often replicated." - App Craver

Vortex - The Escape is a genre-defying blend of action platformer and puzzle game, allowing for both fast paced action gameplay and/or methodical puzzle play. Players control ENDR, a quirky robot, as he weaves his way through a myriad of testing facilities with the aid of his gravity-bending Vortex gun. Deemed obsolete and facing destruction, ENDR embarks on a quest though 32 levels to prove his worth. Are you up to the challenge?

Feature Highlights:
* Adventure through 32 levels across 2 chapters
* One of a kind art style, combining textured realism with the animated world of Vortex!
* Unlock hidden skins to customize your character
* High quality electronic soundtrack to set the mood and pace
* Piece together the story of ENDR through cutscenes and dialog, revealing his present and future challenges!

CreeperWare's comments:
I am pleased to present to the TouchArcade community, Vortex - The Escape!!!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Bend physics and your mind as you solve increasingly challenging physics puzzles. Force yourself to think in new ways as you travel impossible distances in the blink of an eye, use gravity to your advantage, and yes, destroy toasters!

This one of a kind adventure follows the endearing robot, ENDR, as he fights to prove his usefulness as a testing subject!

Features:
- Adventure through 32 levels across 2 chapters
- One of a kind art style, combining textured realism with the animated world of Vortex!
- Unlock hidden skins to customize your character
- High quality electronic soundtrack to set the mood and pace
- Piece together the story of ENDR's situation, present and future!

>>>> App Store Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vortex-the-escape/id497296167?mt=8

My goals for Vortex are to continue to add content free of charge, in the form of levels and skins, continue to improve controls and performance, and add new features such as challenge modes of existing levels.
04-30-2012, 11:18 PM

05-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Would love some feedback on the trailer, gameplay, and art style!

Here are some promo codes (just tell me when you use them):
All codes have been used

Last edited by CreeperWare; 05-07-2012 at 03:50 AM.
05-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Took XFPHKT3L7EE9. Will post some impressions in the morning.
First impression: deja vu...

Last edited by HLW; 05-05-2012 at 07:26 PM.
05-05-2012, 07:26 PM
I picked up Y7NWX9Y73N7W, will let you know
05-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperWare View Post
Would love some feedback on the trailer, gameplay, and art style!

Here are some promo codes (just tell me when you use them):
All gone. Love how people are so grateful and follow instructions.

Anyway, anxious to hear some impressions as a Portal fan myself.
05-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Played the first three levels. Feels exactly like a 2D version of Portal. I like the art/graphics.

Horribly long loading times though. Everything is very, very slow to load. It take a few seconds of loading to display a static image when you die, which gets intolerably irritaing very fast.
05-07-2012, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLW View Post
Played the first three levels. Feels exactly like a 2D version of Portal. I like the art/graphics.

Horribly long loading times though. Everything is very, very slow to load. It take a few seconds of loading to display a static image when you die, which gets intolerably irritaing very fast.
Completely agree, I am continuing to optimize (but if this wasn't evident before) it is a GameSalad game and they are releasing a major engine optimization that should eliminate those load times completely.

Since I don't believe in "freemium" I will continue to make levels, skins, and optimizations for Vortex for months to come!

I also welcome feature requests!

Things I have planned include:
- Challenge modes with timed runs / limited vortexes
- Power ups to certain skins (like water walking for sewer ENDR)
- Game Center high-scores for challenge modes