Support our Sponsors:
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 01:05 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Oh god. Please tell me it will work on iPod.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:38 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Well heres our chance to tell Gameloft everything good/bad with them...

http://blog.gameloft.com/index.php/2...l-honesty-day/

You never know they might reply to some of the usual critcism but probably not. Used to love Gameloft, now i avoid their games due to their IAP disasters.

Last edited by psj3809; 05-01-2012 at 03:49 AM..
Old 05-01-2012, 06:04 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Sadly, it will probably run only on iPad 2, new iPad and iPhone 4s. They have announced it for iPhone and iPad, so probably iPod touch 4 won't run this and iP4 and ipad 1 too. Plus they said it is dual-core optimized and look at the graphics.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:22 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by yUlek View Post
Sadly, it will probably run only on iPad 2, new iPad and iPhone 4s. They have announced it for iPhone and iPad, so probably iPod touch 4 won't run this and iP4 and ipad 1 too. Plus they said it is dual-core optimized and look at the graphics.
Dual core optimized only means that it can actually use both cores, not that it requires them.

The graphics don't look that much better than those in MC3, they'll probably just turn off some of the effects and it'll run on A4 devices. (like MC3)
Old 05-01-2012, 06:40 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Honestly I think it will work only on iPod 4, and nothing below. It will be optimized for iPad 3, though. Just because it says iPhone and iPad, doesn't mean it won't come for iPod. In Australia I see all these commercials saying "for iPhone and iPad now on the AppStore". I think it's because people refer an iPhone as nearly the exactly the same thing besides being able to ring and get Internet anywhere.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
Dual core optimized only means that it can actually use both cores, not that it requires them.

The graphics don't look that much better than those in MC3, they'll probably just turn off some of the effects and it'll run on A4 devices. (like MC3)
I agree. I doubt that Gameloft would release a game that doesn't run at all on the iPod Touch. Keep in mind that that would not only limit their market on iOS, but would also significantly limit their Android market as well -- a game that doesn't run on the iPod Touch would also fail on a large percentage of the Android install base.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:03 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I agree. I doubt that Gameloft would release a game that doesn't run at all on the iPod Touch. Keep in mind that that would not only limit their market on iOS, but would also significantly limit their Android market as well -- a game that doesn't run on the iPod Touch would also fail on a large percentage of the Android install base.
I wouldn't even be surprised if it would run on 3.rd gen devices as well, since they aren't that much slower, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I predict that A4 (and possibly lower) devices just will miss out on ragdoll physics, real time player shadows, motion blur and that kind of stuff.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Why the hell wouldn't they let iPod run it that would like cut the sales in half.. I'm sure it'll be like mc3 too

And not everyone lists every device,
"for iPad and iPhone devices" often refers to iPod as well
Old 05-01-2012, 11:10 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny101 View Post
I generally have to agree with you. Mc2 and Mc3 is an exception. Excellent graphics. I really felt that Nova 2 was kind of a letdown with their grainy graphics but I believe that Nova 3 will be right up there with Mc3 if not better.
I think it will even surpass mc3 and become the best looking fps on app store.
In the reviews, there's talk of real time shadows, lighting effects, reflections and floating debris in the final build.
The engine is an upgraded version of the mc3 one.
NOVA has always been their flagship product and I think this will be the same.
The more in game previews I see, the more impressed I am. Starting to get impatient for it now. Roll on around the 17th, I hope.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
I think it will even surpass mc3 and become the best looking fps on app store.
Indefinitely.

It will be the be the best looking FPS, if not the best looking app, by far, although I'll be very much graphically hindered by my little iPod...

Closed Thread