Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-11-2012, 08:52 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon Druce View Post
Yes, the original release of ZOS for iOS just contains one map.

In the future we'll likely release an update which lets you play on any of the over 1500 user-created maps which are available on www.class3outbreak.com.

cya,
Saxon
So there won't be Google maps support and it doesn't require online mode? Elaborate please?
Old 04-11-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1 View Post
This looked tempting, because I thought it worked with any Google Maps location. ie: Sending zombies down my own street. That would be cool.

The App Store description says:
"Zombie Outbreak Simulator is a sandbox app where you customize your own zombie outbreak, on Google Maps"

...but it avoids saying "for a selected set of map locations". It's a shame, because otherwise it looks like fun.
Hi Red1, yes for now you customize the simulation parameters (num civs, num zombies, zombie speed, civ accuracy, etc), but not the location.

For the app to work, it needs to know very detailed info such as where buildings, trees, cars etc are. This info isn't provided by Google Maps, so we have to provide that ourselves. That's why we can only support locations where we (or our players) have generated that data. There have been other Google Maps based games where you can play anywhere, but they are more limited (eg, a driving game where you simply drive over the top of buildings).

If you want to see zombies in your street, you could use the editor in our PC version to create a map of your street (provided Google Maps' imagery of your street is in high enough detail): [url]http://www.class3outbreak.com/editor[/url]

For now ZOS on iOS is only one map (the original ZOS for PC also only had one map, in Washington). We hope to bring the 1500+ user-generated maps to ZOS on iOS in the future.

Saxon
Old 04-11-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraetorianX View Post
So there won't be Google maps support and it doesn't require online mode? Elaborate please?
Hi PraetorianX,

The map in ZOS for iOS uses Google Maps, but at a fixed location (in the Netherlands). So it needs Internet access to download the map images from Google.

The 1500 user-generated maps which we have are all other locations on Google Maps. But they are not supported by ZOS on iOS at the moment.

I hope that makes sense?

Saxon

Last edited by Saxon Druce; 04-11-2012 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 04-11-2012, 10:54 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Got it. Also, can you replace gun sounds with something more realistic?
Old 04-11-2012, 02:18 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Hi Praetorian, thanks for the feedback. Its a little difficult as we are a small dev team, and so we used creative commons licensed sound effects instead of making or buying them. Will certainly look into upgrading stuff like this in the future though.

Cheers,
Jay
Old 04-11-2012, 02:59 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

The more I play this, the more I like it. National Rifle Association should sponsor you guys forever, cause the only way to survive here - is for everyone to carry a piece. Looking forward to the promised and much needed updates and best of luck guys. Thanks for the great sim!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:28 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Very intrigued with this so I bit (no pun intended). I hope early support will lead to nice map updates and maybe the inclusion of user generated content. Either way, good fun,
Old 05-01-2012, 06:56 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Zombie Outbreak Simulator 1.1 Released

Hi guys,
Thought I'd let you know we've just released an update for Zombie Outbreak Simulator which includes 9 new maps. You can select them via a world map screen, which can be reached via a Change Map button under Outbreak Settings.

Also pleased to announce that we've been chosen as a Staff Favorite by Apple! We are honoured!

The iTunes link is http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zombie-outbreak-simulator/id499283436?mt=8

Cheers!
Jay
Old 06-22-2012, 09:46 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Zombie Outbreak Simulator 1.2, with bombs!

Hi guys,
ZOS 1.2 is now live, and features bombs delivered by an a-10 tank killer!

Here's a short video previewing the action:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Old 09-01-2012, 07:40 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Requesting offline mode and guys, please rethink your marketing strategy. I've bought it the day it came out and now I have to buy bombs?!?!?! Wait for hours for the resupply?!?!? Come on ppl, figure it out. It should be free at this point.....