Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-01-2012, 08:17 AM

Default Big update: FoundIt - A Classic Hidden Objects game

I recently released an update that added a lot of new features.
1) FoundIt now has GameCenter support. FoundIt has 8 puzzles with 10 sets of 20 objects to be found. There are high scores for each of the puzzle images and an accumulated score of all the puzzles. In total, there are almost 1600 objects to be found in 8 different scenes.
2) It now has Facebook integration. However, I hate apps that auto-post to Facebook, so FoundIt will *never* post to Facebook unless you tap the button to share your high score.
3) Customers asked for single-tap and double-tap modes during gameplay. This is now an option from the Settings Menu.
4) Lots of improvements to menus and gameplay instructions.

Let me know what you think!

Old 05-01-2012, 08:50 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Awesome little game that will keep you occupied for hours. Awesome for traveling. Recommended for anyone looking for a Where's Waldo style game.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:41 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Agreed. It's a great little find-object-amongst-jumble puzzler. The dev managed to pack a lot into such a tiny screen, though one thing I would've preferred is to have an option to display up to three items along the bottom search-for-this menu. I prefer to look for a couple things at a time, so having to swap back and forth to see choices was a little annoying, but nothing that broke game play. For kids, or those who love Where's Waldo, this is a great addition!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:09 AM

The multiple objects at the bottom is a great idea. I think I am going to add that (of course you will get your name in the credits, if you wish). I think the way I will do it is as follows:
1) You can tap the indicator in the lower right that shows the number of items found and the total number of items to bring up a table of all the remaining items.
2) From this table, you can select up to three (3) items.
3) When the table is closed again, it will show the selected items at the bottom. If only one item is selected, it will show just that item with the text description. If multiple items are selected, it will only show the images.

Does this sound similar to what you were thinking of?
Old 05-01-2012, 10:17 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpswensen View Post
Does this sound similar to what you were thinking of?
That would work, but I was actually thinking of something simpler. You know how you can just swipe the bottom menu to bring up the next item in the list? Well I was thinking of a setting that could set that to display 1, 2 or 3 items. That way, if you choose, a swipe would bring up singles, pairs or triplets to search for.

Does that make sense?
Old 05-01-2012, 10:40 AM

Yes, that makes sense. Another option would be to just put all of the images along the bottom and the user can scroll them back and forth. You would still be able to tap on one of them to bring up the larger view.

I will mess around with a couple of options like this and see what my testers like. Thanks for the great suggestion!