Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-01-2012, 11:38 AM

This may be obvious and already asked/answered, but what exactly does the Time Skill equipment do? I have two equipped and have been doing pretty well in the game but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Last edited by Guise; 05-01-2012 at 01:25 PM..
Old 05-01-2012, 11:41 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

The game is pretty good and I'm really enjoying it. I just saw this morning a review from Kotaku and I'm glad for it.
Don't missunderstand me, I like it, but a few tweaks would be nice
  • A status screen: I just found out that I've been gaining levels, however, I'm not quite sure what changed. Am I faster? Am I stronger?
  • A better explaination of the efect of the cards: I'm not sure what's the efect of the fire card on my sword, same with the poison one
  • The next card won't spawn in the same spot as the last one you grabed: pretty simple, some times I grab a card, but end up seing two efects and the sword has another element.
  • Extend the plataforms at the edges: it's weird when there are monsters spawning at the exact same spot where I'm supossed to grab my next card, maybe making a bigger plataform, and separating both spawn areas would help.
  • Lower some plataforms: something weird happens in the first map, some times I'm able to reach the edge plataforms from the ground and some times I'm not.
  • More variety of items: how about equipment that gives you higher jumps (or maybe triple jump), a metroid-like jump attack, longer sword range, higher defense, faster movement, extra experience, etc.
  • Fixthat grab X cards missions: you could either fix the dificulty of the waves or reduce the amount of cards a little, you can see here that all players are complaining how hard those missions are.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg map1.jpg (462.5 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Kire; 05-01-2012 at 11:46 AM..
Old 05-01-2012, 11:45 AM

Default Disappointing

Why is it not available in Germany? WWII is over, man
Old 05-01-2012, 01:19 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Fixthat grab X cards missions: you could either fix the dificulty of the waves or reduce the amount of cards a little, you can see here that all players are complaining how hard those missions are.
Knowledge is power. This is the type of mission where you need to know what to do rather than dish it out. It's pretty easy once you know what to do.

What i like about these "get X cards" missions is that they change the way one should play. It's the entire strategy that changes and not just about getting stronger.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:08 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Those grab X card missions are perfectly fine.. No balancing issues there, at all. Put on a dodge % helmet and you're fine as long as you just bounce around chasing cards.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kire View Post
[*]Fixthat grab X cards missions: you could either fix the dificulty of the waves or reduce the amount of cards a little, you can see here that all players are complaining how hard those missions are.[/LIST]
Those quests are probably the easiest in the whole array of missions, i was shocked to see this post. The only easiest one is to kill the certain number of mobs. But the getting cards it by far the easiest..
Old 05-01-2012, 03:58 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guise View Post
This may be obvious and already asked/answered, but what exactly does the Time Skill equipment do? I have two equipped and have been doing pretty well in the game but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Sorry for my couple of days of not posting guys, been a hectic few days. But this skill makes the cards last longer, when you get a card, it has a time limit before it wears off, this makes it last longer. It is really only helpful if you get trapped for some reason.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper12 View Post
Sorry for my couple of days of not posting guys, been a hectic few days. But this skill makes the cards last longer, when you get a card, it has a time limit before it wears off, this makes it last longer. It is really only helpful if you get trapped for some reason.
Thanks for the reply!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:50 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
Lite version would be good for me. I want to try this game before buying. I'm happy to pay 99 cents if I like it.
It's worth it. Controls need to be updated though but it's loads of fun.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:42 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldat7 View Post
It's worth it. Controls need to be updated though but it's loads of fun.
The updated has already been submitted and should be available shortly.

This includes Pro Swipe AND manual placement, meaning you can choose exactly where the 4 icons go (Left Movement, Right Movement, Jump, Attack.)