Support our Sponsors:
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 03:47 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1lljoy_89 View Post
Indefinitely.

It will be the be the best looking FPS, if not the best looking app, by far, although I'll be very much graphically hindered by my little iPod...
Yes Nova 3 will be the game to play when it comes out. I would be very surprised if this game isn't one of the very best on iOS.

Funny how EA was supposed to be kickin butt with Battlefield 3 and Mass Effect... What the hell happened there??
Old 05-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny101 View Post
Funny how EA was supposed to be kickin butt with Battlefield 3 and Mass Effect... What the hell happened there??
People boarded the hype train and had too high expectations. Personally I didn't get excited about them (BF3 in particular) because their previous FPS, BFBC2, was pretty bad. But I really didn't expect BF3 to fail as bad as it did. EA must have been really ashamed to pull it from the App Store so soon.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:20 PM

The multiplayer in here is gonna be awesome! Can't wait for all the vehicles. Any news on multiplayer maps? What would you guys guess the maps are?
Old 05-01-2012, 04:31 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
People boarded the hype train and had too high expectations. Personally I didn't get excited about them (BF3 in particular) because their previous FPS, BFBC2, was pretty bad. But I really didn't expect BF3 to fail as bad as it did. EA must have been really ashamed to pull it from the App Store so soon.
After EA released dead space. I thought their games were going to be getting better. BFBC2 was horrible and still is. Constant crashing.

Glad to see Gameloft upping their games again and getting away from that horrid freemium.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:34 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. One non-free to play "core" gamer game doesn't mean they're shifting course.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:40 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Nah, Gameloft isn't "shifting course." This is the only paymium game they've released this year. Two of them released last year. No iOS developer is going to support this quality of game full time. It's more like a "once in a blue moon" type of situation. The same can be said with EA and their involvement with Mass Effect Infiltrator. Gods knows when or if we'll ever see something like that again from EA. Gameloft may produce an extremely high caliber game like NOVA 3 once or twice a year.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:38 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Well I think gameloft was pretty clear in their interview (From a few month now: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Multi...ws.asp?c=37152). They said that both freemium and premium titles would continue to co-exist and the reason is clear: Freemium is really working out for them (and printing money). But i believe that we'll see more premium titles from them as we get to the end of the year. They still have to push out those UE games after all.

Last edited by killercow; 05-01-2012 at 05:43 PM..
Old 05-01-2012, 06:05 PM

Well, the multiplayer maps will have to be pretty large to support vehicles.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:28 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumaz1000 View Post
Nah, Gameloft isn't "shifting course." This is the only paymium game they've released this year. Two of them released last year. No iOS developer is going to support this quality of game full time. It's more like a "once in a blue moon" type of situation. The same can be said with EA and their involvement with Mass Effect Infiltrator. Gods knows when or if we'll ever see something like that again from EA. Gameloft may produce an extremely high caliber game like NOVA 3 once or twice a year.
Two actually. I don't know, with Shark Dash and Nova 3, I'm starting to get my hopes up. But then the lack of support for mc3 pulls me back to reality - its gameloft we're speaking of.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:46 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Shark Dash? lol

No I think that at this point Gameloft is just going to continue with their older franchises and keep the premium model consistent there. Hopefully they learned their lesson about that with DH3... But yeah, definitely still expect a lot of freemium from them in the future, people keep paying for it so they will continue to provide it.

Closed Thread