App description: Saturday Morning RPG is an episodic role-playing game firmly set in a world inspired by 1980s Saturday morning cartoons.

The game follows the story of Martin Marty Hall, an average high school student who has been gifted a powerful ability to channel magic through everyday objects. With his newfound powers Marty has inadvertently attracted the ire of the worlds most heinous villain the evil Commander Hood. This leads Marty into a series of dangerous plans that he must unravel to save the world (several times!).

Saturday Morning RPG is a Japanese style RPG that allows players to build Martys power up throughout multiple stand alone episodes. Players can carry over stats, inventory, and even story decisions between these episodes (sometimes your actions in one episode will ripple into previous or future episodes!). Saturday Morning RPG is a truly unique and engrossing role-playing game experience that can not be missed!

9 out of 10 (Gold Award): "A heart-felt love letter to Japanese role-playing games and 80s popular culture, Saturday Morning RPG is likely to prove irresistible to anyone over the age of 30." - Damien McFerran, pocketgamer.co.uk

9.5 out of 10: Saturday Morning RPG is one of the most ambitious handheld games Ive played in a long time, and its unbelievably well done. Adam Jones, stashow.net

93 out of 100: Saturday Morning RPG is a refreshing take on the genre. Matt Smith, n00balert.com

This is how JRPGs always should have felt! - Sean Koch, iFanzine.com

I found myself desperately wanting more. Trevor Faulkner, elder-geek.com

Touch Arcade Forums Game of the Week, Kotaku Gaming App of the Day, USA Today's Portable Pick, and several other accolades. Don't think twice about playing this game!

Sanuku's comments:

Message from the Developer about the iAP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyRabbitJosh View Post
Hi - Lead Designer and Programmer from Saturday Morning RPG here! Thanks for all the awesome posts so far!

Future episodes of Saturday Morning RPG are still in full development so we didn't want to include a "Full Purchase" option when we couldn't guarantee a certain amount of content. We don't want to rip you guys off!

Episodes are priced at $1.99 each (USD) and there is some other very unobtrusive IAPs in the game (Cereal Box Tops and Cheat Points). Cereal Box Tops let you buy stats or stickers and cheat points let you cheat in battle. Neither of those are necessary for gameplay and we certainly don't force into buying them (most people probably won't even find the cheat menu!).

As we create more episodes we will be offering diminished pricing to people who buy every episode (for instance if you buy the first five episodes we'll offer you the next few for half price, or something similar).

We're also going to put in updates for people who opt to buy nothing like an endless battle survival mode - and hopefully, an open world mode.

Really, we just want as many people as possible to play and enjoy our game.

Quote:

After this is said - Enjoy watching the first few Minutes of probably the Game of the Week and maybe even the Game of the Month...
05-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Epic approve.

Tim Eggers
@Tim_Eggers
05-06-2012, 10:07 AM
whats the status on the update, soundtrack, and ep.3?

05-07-2012, 08:11 AM
Yep, would love to know when the update is coming. I don't even need ep. 3 yet, just the update. I haven't bought ep. 2 yet - I'm waiting on the update.
05-08-2012, 09:45 AM
The update just got approved today! We're going to do some final testing to make sure the update doesn't cause any bad issues and then we'll be releasing it to the App Store. It should hit on Thursday if all goes well!

I haven't heard back from Vince about when he'll be releasing the soundtrack but I'll definitely keep you guys updated.
05-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
The update just got approved today! We're going to do some final testing to make sure the update doesn't cause any bad issues and then we'll be releasing it to the App Store. It should hit on Thursday if all goes well!
05-08-2012, 10:30 AM
I read, "The update just got approved today" and then I read the rest, and cried a little inside. LOL. But it's soon, and that's good.
05-08-2012, 10:38 AM
LOL this animation just made my day
05-08-2012, 11:29 PM
Update is out
05-09-2012, 09:14 AM
We decided to let the update out a day early, figured there was no point in holding it until Thursday. Hopefully it addresses the issues most of you had with the game. We did our best to listen and respond to all the feedback we could.

The next update to the game should introduce iCloud and endless battle mode - no idea when we'll get that out, though.
05-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
We decided to let the update out a day early, figured there was no point in holding it until Thursday. Hopefully it addresses the issues most of you had with the game. We did our best to listen and respond to all the feedback we could.

The next update to the game should introduce iCloud and endless battle mode - no idea when we'll get that out, though.

Do you know if it will be released before or after chapter 3?