Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-21-2012, 12:46 AM
iPad (4th Gen)

Well, I picked this up despite my fears of the crashing issue, and I'm surprised and really happy to say it hasn't crashed once on my device yet! And I have the ipod touch 4th gen. 64GB unit running the newest 5.1! Since I have only 2GB of space open and over 500 apps I was sure I was gonna get hit with the old memory issue. Imagine the look on my face when I see it works like a charm! Right-on!! I'm 4 campaigns in so far, havent tried the shooting gallery gallery yet. Big Albie covered it well with his accurate and informative review (above). I found sometimes I would take some un-necessary hits while turning around to shoot and it not responding quickly enough, which is annoying. Haven't bought any IAP's, but it takes so long to earn enough money to upgrade and the grinding goes on and on. Still, having a good time with it. Lots to explore, is really fun, and seems pretty deep in the campaign mode alone, and has a scary vibe about it. Yet, I'm finding it difficult without the upgrades, but that's the way it's gonna be I s'pose 'cause I'm reluctant to go there, but that's just me. Will continue on, though, I think I'm hooked. I'd say this game is a worthy title to own for sure.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
I generally like apps that you like Jamie. Since back in the days of Str8ts.
Haha well judging by your GameCenter tag that could be because we are both really old farts with slowly degrading reaction speeds! I might be wrong though ;-)

Jamie
Old 04-21-2012, 02:37 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
One of the great things about the iTunes store is the seemingly endless game releases each week. Of course, there are only so many hours in the day so finding the better games came be a chore. Fortunately, a mostly terrific game by GameLab launched this week that goes by the name of Lock n Load, a content-rich twin-stick shooter that looks and plays as its name suggests.

Albie Meter: 4 Stars (fantastic animation and fun gaming experience; plenty of variety in terms of content and enemy variation; engaging storyline and well thought out level designs; in-game currency system needs tweaking with prolonged grinding need in order to bypass IAPs which can be a turnoff; Crystal game support)
Awesome review. Will probably pick this up over the weekend. Been a while since I have played a campaign based DSS. What's the uncompressed size btw? Memory is the biggest bottleneck I have. Have a couple of space hoggers on my iPAD right now.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:34 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

LOCK 'N' LOAD
is one of the nominees for
Touch Arcade Game of the Week
18/04/2012

Do you like to grab your gun and save the day in this huge twin-sticks shooter game?

VOTE HERE

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -
Old 04-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Got back to this game after mixing it up with a few other games I bought this week.

I really like it, but I do hope the update balances things out better as far as the cash drops and price of unlocks is concerned. There's no way I'm going to have 1500 to unlock the Call of Minions campaign and don't know if it's even worth it.

Also, while I really like the variety of the levels, the Ring of Fire section is a major pain in the ass IMO. DSS controls for a section like that are not precise enough (especially when they aren't as precise to begin with as a DSS like Infinity Field, Pew Pew 2 or even Bullet Time).

Maybe it's just my twitchy fingers that are making it more difficult, but I've tried like dozen times already and, at some point or another, find myself hitting that ring. It's a cool idea, but hard to do with the control set and maybe they could have at least made it more forgiving (like applying damage when you hit the ring instead of instant death).
Old 04-23-2012, 02:34 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I ended playing this game in a half I think. It is not so addictive as I thought. It's just not my game I think. Not for me, I mean.
I won't delete it of course. It's just a nice game.
I will wait for an update Maybe it will change sth.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:47 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Same old same old

Watched some gameplay reviews on Youtube. Looks just like iDracula and Minigore, with a story tacked on. What's different or new?
Old 05-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye67 View Post
Watched some gameplay reviews on Youtube. Looks just like iDracula and Minigore, with a story tacked on. What's different or new?
While there may not much "new" in the actual gameplay, the story is what sets it apart. I know many people complained that games like MiniGore had no substance because of the lack of a campaign. I was one who didn't see the infatuation with MiniGore. The game wore out its welcome on me after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameLab View Post
:/ anyway we have a solution for this but this will be "included" in the first update that should hit next week.
+ a bonus as a recompense!!
Whatever happened to this update? I know the crashes due to the ads not loading correctly seems to have been fixed without an actual update. But didn't know whether the other concerns such as the extremely low cash drop rate were being addressed and whatever the bonus "recompense" was going to be.

I think I'm nearing the end of the campaign (on the Torture Chamber level) and really haven't had enough money to so much of any upgrades let alone have anything left over to unlock challenges and the Call of Minions campaign. I've pretty much used it to get health potions that allowed me to get from checkpoint to checkpoint.

I've had quite a bit of fun with the game, but not enough to warrant a $5 IAP to get enough cash to play the "Minions" campaign.

So if there's no update, I'll be deleting it when I'm through.

Last edited by awp69; 05-01-2012 at 01:38 PM..
Old 05-29-2012, 02:37 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

The first 100% free Update is out folks! :-)

check out the new great iPad Retina mode! We have add a higher resolution + a few small enhasements.

Besides there are a lot of small and big bug fixes and improvements - just check it out!!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 03:10 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Don't have the game installed currently, but I'd love to see an actual list of the updates. Hopefully, there was some serious balance tweaking.