Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-23-2012, 02:57 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Yes they will eat the pumpkins, you need to replace them. Only replace them when they are gone/almost gone, not when they are only a bit nibbled, or you'll run out of sun.
Also don't wake up the magnet shooms with coffee beans, you'll waste sun, gold magnets aren't nocturnal.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:04 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

You can buy coins via IAP. Looks like it is a one time purchase, thankfully. And with how much time I've put into this game, I don't totally begrudge it.

Anyway, here's one that's worked for me:

I do alter it a bit though, replacing 2 marigolds with plain magnets and I ran into a few issues with the dolphin riders, and had to rush and swap out some extra marigolds with gloom shrooms in order to survive, but it worked.

What I'm frustrated with is having only 9 spots. I know I've played enough that we should have 10, is this another problem?

Last edited by andsoitgoes; 04-23-2012 at 03:10 AM..
Old 04-23-2012, 12:47 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I got a reply to the ticket I raised with Popcap support about the locked survival mode:
"I apologize for the current trouble with the Survival Mode of Plants vs. Zombies. This is a known issue and should be resolved very quickly. Please look for an update over the next several days which should resolve these issues."
So hopefully it won't be long til they fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
What I'm frustrated with is having only 9 spots. I know I've played enough that we should have 10, is this another problem?
The dolphin riders are why I have four pumpkins in the water.
9 slots is deliberate, I think it's because 10 wouldn't fit nicely on the iPhone screen, and I assume they wanted to keep the iPad version the same as iPhone.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:26 PM

Here's the setup I use (attachment below). It might be a little overly safe, but I like to avoid failures because most of the time is wasted setting up the plants, so I think it's better to slightly lower your income in order to reduce the failure rate.

After wave 1, build 3x marigolds+lilypads. For every other wave, build 2x garlic (dig up the old ones) and 2x marigolds+lilypads.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PvZ Last Stand.jpg (134.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 04-23-2012, 04:47 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
You can buy coins via IAP. Looks like it is a one time purchase, thankfully. And with how much time I've put into this game, I don't totally begrudge it.

Anyway, here's one that's worked for me:

I do alter it a bit though, replacing 2 marigolds with plain magnets and I ran into a few issues with the dolphin riders, and had to rush and swap out some extra marigolds with gloom shrooms in order to survive, but it worked.

If you just put pumpkins over all lillypads you'd be all set with no dramas.
But if you want enough suns left over for a gold magnet it's much easier just making one of the back magnets gold (don't feed it any coffee) then you can do the exact setup, with 1 gold magnet, to start with. Then after round 2 remove 1 marigold at the back and replace with a magnet and gold magnet.

Then your basically set the entire mini game. Then just replace garlic when they get eaten and you just have do do nothing but twiddle your thumbs and keep an eye out for chocolate and presents.

I've been doing that setup the last few days and no pumpkins get eaten (I hate replacing pumpkins because they're pretty expensive) I just watch tv and during wave 3 I replace any garlics that are half eaten, then press continue, then round 4 the same, and 5, replace eaten garlics, definitely the easiest way I've encountered and I've tried about 10 variations.

Ive been playing around with zen garden for 2 days now, already got 20 different plants, and have mushroom garden and aquarium unlocked. Would have taken frikin ages without the last stand mini game though
Old 04-23-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannorexic View Post
Ive been playing around with zen garden for 2 days now, already got 20 different plants, and have mushroom garden and aquarium unlocked. Would have taken frikin ages without the last stand mini game though
Yup, so true. Especially if you want to get the achievement for all of the zen garden plants, the best way by far is to farm last stand while using the chocolates you get and selling duplicate plants that drop. Even doing this, it takes awhile since you may only get 1-2 new plants per day from the bronze-gold presents.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:13 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

The Portal combat, Beghouled Twist and the Zombiequarium are pretty meh. Well at least it's free since with the Zen Garden and some chocolates your snail should be raking in those coins..
Old 05-01-2012, 05:10 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Does anyone have any tips on getting the achievement for getting to Wave 15 in the Vasebreaker mini game? I never seem to get further than 4 or 5 waves...
Old 05-01-2012, 06:12 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDavis360 View Post
Does anyone have any tips on getting the achievement for getting to Wave 15 in the Vasebreaker mini game? I never seem to get further than 4 or 5 waves...
- the type/number of plants you get is the same each level.
- levels 1-10 have one Gargantuar, 11-20 have two, 21-30 have three, and so on.
- buy a rake.
- smash the green vases first.
- if you get a Repeater and don't have a space on the far right to plant it, smash a vase to make room, you'll have time for the zombie (if there is one) to walk out the way before the seed fades.
- smash vases from right to left.
- give the potato mines time to grow.
- make good use of the lantern - you may need to smash a vase to plant it in a good place.
- Gargantuars take 2 hits to kill - two squashes, two potato mines etc.
- don't spend sun on early levels.
- don't spend sun until the zombie is right by your house - you don't want to risk spending sun on a zombie which might die anyway.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:26 PM

How do you get the chocolates for the snail? I don't see them for sale in crazy Dave's shop.