Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

05-01-2012, 05:01 PM
So, I just managed to pick up a Vita (thanks for talking me into it a while ago). I just want to apologize ahead of time for all of the dumb questions I will ask on this thread while I get used to it.

First, I just wanted to ask: My Vita came with an 8gb memory card. I'm not sure if it is what I will stick with, but I would like to try it out to see if I will need more memory in the future, or if 8gb will do. I hear that you can only have your PSN account on one card. Is this true? Does this mean that if I use the 8gb card, I will not be able to use another?
05-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankopotamus View Post
So, I just managed to pick up a Vita (thanks for talking me into it a while ago). I just want to apologize ahead of time for all of the dumb questions I will ask on this thread while I get used to it.

First, I just wanted to ask: My Vita came with an 8gb memory card. I'm not sure if it is what I will stick with, but I would like to try it out to see if I will need more memory in the future, or if 8gb will do. I hear that you can only have your PSN account on one card. Is this true? Does this mean that if I use the 8gb card, I will not be able to use another?
Yeah basically. your Psn account gets linked to your vita. Also congrats on the purchase!

Games I've Beta tested
Add Me on Gamecenter: Fireball926

05-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankopotamus View Post
So, I just managed to pick up a Vita (thanks for talking me into it a while ago). I just want to apologize ahead of time for all of the dumb questions I will ask on this thread while I get used to it.

First, I just wanted to ask: My Vita came with an 8gb memory card. I'm not sure if it is what I will stick with, but I would like to try it out to see if I will need more memory in the future, or if 8gb will do. I hear that you can only have your PSN account on one card. Is this true? Does this mean that if I use the 8gb card, I will not be able to use another?
8 GB should be enough if you don't plan on buying many full games from the PSN Store. I'm currently using an 8 GB card too, and it's more than enough for me since all I have on the card are Dissidia 012 and a few PSN games/apps. I'd probably pick up a 16 or 32 GB card in the future once the price drops some more.

And yes, you can only use one account per card. However, you can have multiple cards with the same account. If you want to upgrade at any time, all you need to do is to copy the files over (restore from backup) using Content Manager iirc.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
05-01-2012, 06:11 PM
...

I dont know guys lately my vita has been collecting dust and i have soooooo many games for it. I have been getting back into ios games like inotia 4 and some others. I even had a few thoughts about selling my vita and all the games. I dont know i work 40 or more hours a week and its just alot easier to whip my phone out on lunch or breaks and play a game or 2. Plus so many games come out for ios and alot of people get excited and it gets me excited. Maybe just keep my Vita for now? What do you guys think?
05-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
I dont know guys lately my vita has been collecting dust and i have soooooo many games for it. I have been getting back into ios games like inotia 4 and some others. I even had a few thoughts about selling my vita and all the games. I dont know i work 40 or more hours a week and its just alot easier to whip my phone out on lunch or breaks and play a game or 2. Plus so many games come out for ios and alot of people get excited and it gets me excited. Maybe just keep my Vita for now? What do you guys think?
keep it. Its only around 3 months in its life span. Hey and its always good to have on that one sick day or that inevitable plane ride down the road. My 3DS has been collecting dust for months. Never had the thought once

Games I've Beta tested
Add Me on Gamecenter: Fireball926
05-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball926 View Post
keep it. Its only around 3 months in its life span. Hey and its always good to have on that one sick day or that inevitable plane ride down the road. My 3DS has been collecting dust for months. Never had the thought once
Hmmm i know where your coming from at this point its almost like a burden to grab my vita and my phone and head to work lol
05-01-2012, 06:26 PM
I haven't played a single iOS game since I got my Vita 3 months ago.

--------------------------------------------
Game Center / PSN ID = Misantropus
05-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucianOrb View Post
I haven't played a single iOS game since I got my Vita 3 months ago.
I was in the same boat and then i bought inotia 4 and havent touched Vita in a long time....
05-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
Hmmm i know where your coming from at this point its almost like a burden to grab my vita and my phone and head to work lol
Keep it in your car! haha or lock it in the depths of your desk

Games I've Beta tested
Add Me on Gamecenter: Fireball926
05-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball926 View Post
Keep it in your car! haha or lock it in the depths of your desk
Lolol thanks for the laugh man after the day i had i kind of needed that!