• Publisher: Tiger Style
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 115.5 MB
  • Version: 2.3
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: COMING IN 2014 -- the long anticipated sequel to Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor:

SPIDER: RITE OF THE SHROUDED MOON

For more info, visit www.shroudedmoon.com

----------------------------------------

If you like Spider, you'll love Waking Mars: http://bit.ly/UEA5gA1 (App Store link)

For more news about our games, follow us today on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TigerStyleGames and Twitter @tigerstylegames

THE AWARD-WINNING SPIDER: THE SECRET OF BRYCE MANOR
One of 2009s Top iPhone Games, Now Enhanced for the iPad!
Spin Webs, Trap Bugs, Unlock the Secrets of Bryce Manor

---------------------------------------

PRAISE FOR SPIDER

TouchArcade - Game of the Year!
Independent Games Festival Mobile - Game of the Year!
Wired - Top 20 iPhone Apps of 2009
IGN.com - Platformer of the Year
Slide to Play - Platformer of the Year
USA Today - Best of the Year

Theres really nothing as uniquely rewarding as tackling a hornet out of the air, or spinning an eight-point web. - Slide To Play

"The twin games -- puzzle-action and mystery -- work exceptionally well together." - IGN

Gorgeous storybook-illustrated style that's remarkably unique for any game" - Offworld

One of the most wonderfully natural and intuitive control schemes" - AppGamer

"Spider's soundtrack deserves to be on iTunes -- it is astounding." - IGN

You are a spider. One afternoon, you discover an abandoned mansion. Where is the family who lived here? What happened, and why did they leave? Search for clues as you adventure from room to room on the hunt for your next meal. Build webs of your own design: in the corners, under the furniture, and in the forgotten places too small for humans. Are you a shrewd enough sleuth to decode the mystery and uncover the Bryce family secret?

* FULLY OPTIMIZED FOR THE iPAD
- The definitive version of Spider; includes the entire Directors Cut.
- Only on the iPad: Sidekicks co-operative multiplayer!
- One of the iPhones most original and beautiful games, now in glorious high resolution.

* DRAW WEBS WITH YOUR FINGER
- Touch to walk, swipe to jump, and build webs by drawing shapes in the environment.
- Powerful, intuitive controls; easy to pick up, challenging to master.

* SEE THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A SPIDER
- 38 beautifully hand-illustrated levels to explore
- Hunt your insect prey, leaving Bryce Manor covered in cobwebs!
- Search for family secrets in the shadowy basement, beneath the floorboards, and in the darkest corners.

* CONQUER UNIQUE ACTION-PUZZLE CHALLENGES
- Use instinct and guile to track down an assortment of tasty insects.
- Tackle hornets, herd mosquitoes, stun dragonflies, attract moths with light, and more!
- Plan your meals wisely! Run out of silk and risk your demise.

* HOURS OF CAPTIVATING GAMEPLAY
- 5 game modes offer limitless depth: race against time in Feeding Frenzy, solve the puzzles of Precision, and survive the intensity of Hunger Mode.
- Earn 48 challenging Achievements including Linebacker, Gaping Maw, and One Fell Stroke.
- Compete with the world on the Spider global leaderboards. Spin together massive combos to get the highest score!

* SIDEKICKS: THE UNIQUE NEW MULTIPLAYER MODE
- Team up with a friend to explore Bryce Manor!
- Build webs together and share your meals to survive
- Climb the leaderboards with crazy combos, shared webs, and airborne high-fives!

* CONNECT WITH YOUR FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK
- Use Facebook Connect to share stories and compare high scores with your friends!

Tiger Style is a distributed collective of passionate video game developers, from industry veterans to indie musicians. Were here to bring premiere, unique game experiences to your iPhone and iPod Touch.

** WATCH THE OFFICIAL TRAILER
http://bit.ly/15PEoZ

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

TA Hands on : http://toucharcade.com/2010/07/02/sp...ew-with-video/

12-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Hanson View Post
I thought about it too when the ipad version was released. I played through the whole of the iphone version, (I suspect you did too) and decided there was definitely going to be a part of me which felt I was going through the motions, despite how good the game is. For me, this is one of those games which I would double dip at 99c, then I would feel I'd paid a fair combined price and enjoy the ipad version for what it is. -Hope this helps.
P.S. If you are looking for a great ipad game PQ2 my friend- that's how I'm spending my days.
I hadn't play the full iphone version, but to compare both versions ipad vs iphone doubled, you see a larger part of a level, you have more space for your fingers, the controls are more easy, and the game look quite better and that's cool because it looks great.

And +1 about PQ2.
12-12-2010, 10:31 AM
I just caved and bought this and I feel it was worth it. I like seeing the whole playing area on the large screen.

What I would have loved to see though is how many bugs in each level that you have eaten as a fraction (for example level 2: 3/5 bugs eaten) in the level selection menu instead of having how many bugs you have eaten all together in the stats menu. Or have at least a check mark in the level selection menu beside each level you have found all of the bugs in.

Last edited by Touchgamer3g; 12-12-2010 at 10:35 AM.
03-11-2011, 01:23 AM
Hey there TouchArcadians,

We're doing a 99 cent sale for the iPad version of Spider (Bryce Manor HD) through the end of the weekend. Hoping to get some new iPad 2 owners on board, and of course anyone who hasn't yet checked it out.

BTW, new game is coming along well, and we hope to have something to show by early summer!

Tell your Spider-less friends about the sale!

Thanks,
David
05-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Now that this game has been updated for the retina iPad, is there any chance of letting users play in a zoomed-out mode? I hate how it zooms in every time I touch the spider. At least the iPad version lets you play farther out than the iPhone one, though I'd prefer the option of playing fully zoomed out.

Last edited by dclose; 05-02-2012 at 11:32 AM.