Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Jailbreaking and Installer Apps

Old 05-02-2012, 04:32 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingpinZero View Post
Partially, but thanks.
Are you using frameskip?
If not can you enable the Show FPS option and tell me if its fluid 60 fps?
If youre reaching those speeds without frameskip then thats what im looking for.
It defaults to auto frameskip which I didn't realise, just turned the slider right down to 0.0 and enabled FPS to be shown on screen and the lowest I saw it hit was 57 FPS, it occasionally hit over 60 though so I think it's a decent trade off!

I'd say it's about as perfect as its gonna get
Old 05-02-2012, 06:57 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I can do a couple of videos, using Displayrecorder.

Like above the FPS is a lot more that our eyes can see, so you won't notice anything bar smoothness

58/61 with frameskip off & about the same with it set to auto.

I want to add the FPS is couple less when recording with Displarecorder due to it using CPU & the file system.

Last edited by rocky5; 05-02-2012 at 07:15 PM..
Old 05-03-2012, 01:41 AM

That's great, thanks a lot guys.
Well that confirms what I was saying before: the difference in clock speed reduces the performance by quite a lot on 4s despite having the same hardware.
With same settings I'm getting an average of 45fps which is a huge performance gap.
That's sad lol.
I wonder if I have to sell my 4s for getting an ipad2 while having a common phone (maybe android) for anything else.
Not to mention that virtual pads should be better on iPad 2 due to larger estate.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:06 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingpinZero View Post
That's great, thanks a lot guys.
Well that confirms what I was saying before: the difference in clock speed reduces the performance by quite a lot on 4s despite having the same hardware.
With same settings I'm getting an average of 45fps which is a huge performance gap.
That's sad lol.
I wonder if I have to sell my 4s for getting an ipad2 while having a common phone (maybe android) for anything else.
Not to mention that virtual pads should be better on iPad 2 due to larger estate.
Well only you can make that decision but in all fairness I wouldn't downgrade my phone to play a few emulators (no matter how good they were!) far better to save a bit of money and buy an iPad 2 without the need to subsidise the purchase via your method I reckon

While I'm here, any other recommendations for great CPS3 stuff? I've been using mame for years but have never really ventured past street fighter 2 or mortal kombat 2 in the emulation stakes for beat em ups, I'm kind of a really old skool gamer!
Old 05-04-2012, 05:44 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Youtube video, note FPS is slightly lower due to recording & i get a better FPS with frame skip off.

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 05-06-2012, 11:57 AM

Thanks Rocky I appreciate that seems that indeed I was right, the 200mhz difference makes the emulation smooth, like it happens on pcs.

I probably do what rasterico adviced, keep my 4s and probably get an external controller and be happy with it.

I really need a psx emulator up this point then everything will be perfect. I still dream of some sort of fusion between android emulators and iOS games but seems that it's not possible.

I would get an android phone just for n64 and psx, but for games since most of them are ported (badly, look at real racing 2) I will probably regret it and dream of ios.

I wonder why zodttd is not updating his emus. Giving the potential of 4s and iPad 2 his emus wouldn't take that much to run. Who knows

IFBA was a dream coming true. Maybe seeing fpse ported sometime in future will be another one. Hell one can dream right?

Old 05-06-2012, 06:15 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

a psx emulator for the ipad would be awesome.

im stuck to using a TouchPad for psx fun (with wiimote), but the battery is terrible compared to an ipad.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:40 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I watched a YouTube video the other day & it had a very good point

PSX = PS2 + TV tuner

PS1 = PS1

He said why is it called PSX when it's not, just though I would put it out there.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:27 AM

That's true, however if you're oldschool, you'll be inclined to call ps1 a psx.
Psx came out much later in Japan, it's basically a multimedia dvr/tv tuner system based on ps2.
It was the first console in Sony lineup to sport the XMB later appeared on psp and ps3.
The correct way to call the first Sony console would be ps1, being psone the slim portable version they made later.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:07 AM

Any news about this emu?