Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-25-2011, 08:39 PM

Default Add me!

MissyJana

EDIT:

Request My Horse Friends here:
[url]http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=107411[/url]

Last edited by Red1; 09-28-2011 at 02:47 AM..
Old 09-27-2011, 05:19 PM

Anyone else unable to access the game today? I did for a moment, but since a few hours ago, it crashes on load.

I always scoffed at the "crash" reviews, thinking the users were probably at fault, not the app. Now I feel their pain.

(64 GB iPad2, nothing running in background, rebooted infinite amount of times)
Old 09-28-2011, 01:48 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Is anyone else having problems with changing tack? For example, I have three sets of socks: green (basic), pink (better), and blue (even better). It lets you use two socks at a time, so obviously I want to use my pink and blue socks for the best Presentation score, but it won't let me do that. I can use green and pink, or green and blue, but not blue and pink. I seem to be stuck using the crappy green ones rather than being able to upgrade. I'm having the same issue with stirrups, it won't let me use my two best stirrups together.

It would be nice if we could sell old tack, even if we only got like 10% of the purchase price back. It's not like I'm ever going to use inferior tack again, after I've upgraded to better tack. And it's realistic to sell old tack, since there's a good market for used tack in real life.

Overall I like this game a lot. I was disappointed though to save up $3900 to buy a second horse, only to discover that you don't actually get a second horse; it's really just buying a second skin that you can put on your horse.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:03 AM

I'm having that same problem, RWolfe. I went to their support site (strictly pro-forma; it really should be more professional) and they stated that not remembering the items previously chosen for each horse in the Tack Room, was a "known bug".

As for your question about selling the items, it's my understanding that the more items you have, the more points you will use to your benefit during competitions. I have about half of all the tack, including the baby blue Munky items, which are second to last, and have over 70,000 points during competitions. So I won't be selling my superfluous items.

Besides, they can come in handy. I have several horses, and some just look better in red, pink, or blue tack.

The other bug that "bugs" me a lot, which is also costly, is when doling out the feed, should you go over the amount required, it will give you a constant error even when you do measure the feed correctly. The only solution was to quit it without getting the required rewards, and losing the money I had paid for the feed, on top of that. So far, it's only been coins, but I will scream bloody murder if it steals gems when getting feed/energy.

This game, if improved in future updates, has HUGE potential to be an Angry Birds competitor. The leaderboards already reflect 600,000+ players. It's just so charming. But the constant crashing and the known bugs are killing the experience.

Last edited by Fe1; 09-28-2011 at 02:07 AM..
Old 09-28-2011, 09:45 AM

why isn't my horse agingor gaining weight at all?
Old 09-29-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
As for your question about selling the items, it's my understanding that the more items you have, the more points you will use to your benefit during competitions. I have about half of all the tack, including the baby blue Munky items, which are second to last, and have over 70,000 points during competitions. So I won't be selling my superfluous items.
Wait, what? That's not what's happening with me. My points are based strictly on what I'm wearing.

For example, I recently had a bug where it switched my horse's tack back to the training tack, and I had 0 presentation points in the next competition I was in. (Of course, I didn't realize I was in training tack until AFTER the competition was over and I saw my points...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWolfe View Post
It lets you use two socks at a time, so obviously I want to use my pink and blue socks for the best Presentation score, but it won't let me do that. I can use green and pink, or green and blue, but not blue and pink. I seem to be stuck using the crappy green ones rather than being able to upgrade. I'm having the same issue with stirrups, it won't let me use my two best stirrups together.
Wait, what? How do you get it to let you use two socks or stirrups at once? It's not doing that for me.

For a while it was showing a check mark on both the training bridle and reins, AND the bridle and reins I had selected. But this didn't change my presentation score (which I guess it wouldn't, as the training stuff is worth 0). It did, however, cause the training bridle and reins to display on my horse, even though I got the points from the bridle and reins I had selected. As this meant I didn't have to look at the ugly pink reins I was using, that was a good thing.

It doesn't seem to be doing it at the moment, though. I'll have to see if it starts again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexcal View Post
*Edit* Okay, so the whole "competition with other players" thing is just for show. I've had the same 7 names in every competition I've done, and going by their scores it looks like none of them are wearing any tack. So yeah, the competition is all just on paper, and the only score that matters is yours. The presentation stat doesn't seem all that important anymore...
I agree. I don't know if the other players are just bots using real players' names, or if they're based on real players' scores, but without the presentation score. But they're definitely artificially low.

If the presentation score doesn't matter, then this has the beneficial effect of meaning the whole thing doesn't turn into a tack arms race where the people willing to spend the most real money always win. On the other hand, it does make upgrading your tack seem less important.

On the third hand, given that you can't complete any of the higher-level tack sets without spending real money -- and fairly large amounts of real money, too -- it's probably just as well if upgrading tack isn't important. Without spending cash, you have to either settle for a low presentation score or horrible-looking mismatched tack. I think making it impossible to get matching higher-level sets of tack without spending real money was a bad move. It means that you don't have to play very long before gold is basically pointless. And, actually, the gems you earn for each level are almost pointless, because you'll never get enough that way to buy the nicest items. (Though you can -- and I did -- upgrade to the dark brown horse, which I think is prettier.)

I think there needs to be a way to buy gems. If they're reasonably expensive, I think they'll still make money from people who want the shortcut.

The other big problem with tack: even if you DO spend real money, it's almost all ugly anyway. Note to developer: Not everyone playing this game is a 12-year-old girl, and not even all 12-year-old girls like pink. I mean, I get the need for pink tack given the target demographic, but does it ALL need to be pink or purple? How about more realistic-looking tack choices?

I'm enjoying this game, actually. I'm just wondering how much staying power it has. If you won't lay out the cash, you pretty quickly reach the point where the gems you CAN get and gold are worthless. Then there's not much to the game except keeping your tasks running and getting to higher and higher levels of competition. That's fun, but sooner or later I'll presumably reach the top level of competitions, and then what?
Old 01-15-2012, 05:00 PM

Default Help! Energy issue

Don't know if this is an active thread, but hoping it is and someone can assist.

My daughers are playing this game and one was messing with the time settings, and now the time to recover energy is no longer 100, but like 8 digits. I don't know if that is a bug or what, but I think it will be years before it fixes itself or something. I tried to change the date around to see if I could fix it, but seemed only to make it worse. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
John
Old 01-25-2012, 01:46 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Diamonds...

Hello...just wondering I need an efficient way to collect diamonds because mine take ages...is there any way to speed them along ???

Xxx
Old 05-03-2012, 12:39 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

for a free game it really is a quality one, I've got my 6 year old daughter addicted to it!

Its really well made and the best horse related free one i've found so far.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:29 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

The latest update is really good.
They finally tinkered with the engine and it's a bit more playable on my iPhone 4 now.
And finally: anti aliasing!
Now it even looks quite good on the iPad 3 even though I am sure it isn't even at retina resolution. But the anti aliasing really pays off!
Too bad it hasn't got iCloud support, because I came pretty far on my previous iPad. Oh well.